HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 2 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 am

My friend posted a pic on facebook yesterday saying only 100 days until then!! Eeek!!

Sounds like everyone else has had a busy weekend. I am ready for a break Very Happy I am going to spend the weekend with my foster sister at the end of November so something to look forward too.

Monday today and though I am not at work I am working in the union office and then visiting dad. This week is even more jam packed than last week, visiting Dad, uni enrolment, docs and work! Oh and a bit of assignment writing in between lol
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Have had a fairly quiet relaxed day (i really need to make the most of it as it all kicks off again on 1st Oct !)
I did my good deed for the day and it made me feel so much happier,I had finished shopping in sainsburys and was putting away shopping in the back of my car when an elderly chap asked me if I was local ,I said i was and he then asked me if I could direct him to Asda as he had tried to find it but got lost .In our town Asda is one side and Sainsburys the other .I tried to direct him and then offered to drive over there so he could follow me (this was way out of my route home but was easier than trying to direct him.) So I drove and he followed when I eventually pulled over into the layby next to Asda ,he pulled up next to me and said " oh thankyou so much,that was so kind of you " It was a great feeling to just shout " you are most welcome " then wave and drive off ! put a big smile on my face Very Happy
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:15 pm

aw linda how kind of you
cindy look after yourself
another tiring day of non stoppedness!!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:55 pm

went swiimming with a class today as their teach has broken her foot, took a group (didnt have to get in) but still managed to get wet enjoyed myself as I havent been swimming since I left my old school but it did mean the time I was going to use to catch up went down the swanny
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Aww Linda that is nice of you. I did a good deed too today, young man looking for the homeless shelter,showed him the way. He had all his wordly goods in one bag Sad Looked like a nice young man too.
Oh Linda, don't let your ppa time get eaten away this school year.

Monday was busy, hence I didn't get on here at all. Today was spent in a union school support staff meeting. Got home had tea and now here but will soon be typing up an assignment to upload to the uni website.

Tomorrow is work and visiting Dad. They are kicking him out Thursday! Need the beds. Sadly I am working, my bro is working away and my sister, well it looks like her 'I will come and stay with Dad for a week if needed' isn't going to happen. She makes me so mad! All the 'I feel so guilty not being able to help' and 'I feel so helpless living so far away' and the 'don't worry I will come and look after Dad if he has to come home before we get his bungalow sorted' crap she has come out with. I asked my bro what she had said and his exact words were 'nothing useful.'
My brother and I have run around, sorting stuff out for Dad and sent her pics of him from the hospital, kept her updated and the one time we want her to help! Grrrrrr! (and breathe)
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 pm

get the inside of those cheeks bitten cindy -can dad go and stay with her?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 am

He doesn't want to lols.
I spoke to my brother late last night and she apparently didn't say anything about coming and staying with him, didn't offer, nothing. Sad
So today I am going to have a word with my boss and see if I can get Thursday and Friday off. There is no food in Dad's house so that needs doing before he comes home. My brother bless him drove back from Bassingstoke again yesterday and went to see Dad, the day before he was in Newcastle and still managed to visit. She lives in Northampton, has access to a car, no kids to worry about (brother has two under five and hasn't really seen them this past two weeks) Today and tomorrow he is in Welling Garden City, though I have told him not to go tonight he will.
I am hoping that if my boss will allow me to have the two days, I can go get some shopping, get heating on for him and then go collect him on Thursday afternoon as they need the bed desperately. My eldest son is working in Wales and has offered to come back from there to get Dad! Why can't she get herself sorted??!! Makes me mad! Needless to say I didn't sleep really well last night, oh well fingers crossed for today Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Heya guys!

Sorry to hear your dad has been poorly cindy. Glad he's doing better and hopefully things settle down more when he's back at home! Helen, hope you are doing ok with your foundation degree!

Sorry for being such a stranger! I do miss ya though and think of ya often! I didn't realise you'd moved house! It looks good!

I'm doing well..... working with a lovely teacher in year 2 again and finally away from the "wicked witch"! although she still finds ways to make me mad! 2 weeks in and the honeymoon period has started to end! You do forget how much they can't do when you get a new class.... this lot are quite low so it's gonna mean a lot of work for us and interventions for us this year to get them to where they need to be. However it's much better to be working like that than to be breaking up fights and trying to stop kids killing each other mid lesson!

Also the honeymoon period with the boss is well and truly over.... we are due ofsted at some point this year so she is piling the pressure on... also all support staff are now on perfomance related pay. Any one on this at the moment and can explain it in more detail? well in simple terms to make sense! Apparently all the unions have agreed this as well! I see it as they set you targets... you get observed at various points throughout the year and then they say whether you have met or exceeded them. apparently if you meet them then you go up the payscale till you get to the top. if you are already at the top then you get a 2% one off payment which works out to peanuts! It just seems a way for them to tighten their belts as not all staff are expected to exceed their targets. I will find out more tomorrow as we have a ta meeting before school to discuss what is going on with that.

I found out that tomorrow the staff meeting we were invited to attend i'm now not going to because my boss has booked me on a course at a neighbouring school! So i only got told today after school cos i went in and asked what was going on, that i was attending at this school at half 3 till 5 tomorrow! Nice to be told about what's going on ain't it! Rolling Eyes Smile

Anyways i hope everyone is good and i'll try to make more of an effort to pop in and say hi! and also not to moan as much! lol! x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:45 pm

oh tracey that sounds harsh does this happen to teachers I'm sure atl have not agreed to this!
please dont be a stranger we miss you
my day today - kids wonderful rest of it horried
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Hiya Tracey !
Hugs for you Helen xx

I stupidly agreed to be the witness for my ex collegues nvq3 (or what ever its now known as !) Bloody paperwork !! ive spent most of today writing to cover her standards .The standards are so repetative !!! really need shot of it now so I can concentrate on my dissertation (still not sure what to do yet) hey ho same old same old lol!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 pm

LMS - hope you manage to get a couple of days off to get your dad sorted, it will be a weight off your mind. My mum-in-law is quite poorly at the moment. My OH is one of ten, so there are plenty of them to share the load - but like most families, the lion's share falls to just a few. He has a brother only 10 minutes down the road who is 'always too busy' to even visit his parents. I'm sure you feel like telling your sister a few home truths and, while it might make you feel better, I don't think it would change anything....x

Peridot - I've never heard about the unions agreeing to performance related pay for TAs ........... has anyone else?? It sounds pretty dodgy to me, make sure you find out all you can and check out what they say with your union. Good luck x

Covered Y6 this afternoon, did some Geography. Focused on a low ability group - nice kids, but very low. Anyone else know that Essex is the biggest country in Europe? Or that there's a big tower in Paris called the Awful Tower????!!!!!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:13 pm

I was Mr Carrot for a while last year, didn't even bother correcting them as it made me smile. God knows that smile kept me going!
Daniel
Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 am

Performance related pay - this has been happening for ages. It means they hold back on your natural increments in pay if you do not meet your targets set. So if you are on say spc 17 and do not pass you will not move up to 18 the following pay year as normal. If like me I was at the top I didn't bother even attempting to meet them (you get taxed on the pay out)

mrsp- you are a witness as such she should be writing them and you will read and sign. She needs to say what she did and how, you check and sign, simples. Do not do her work for her! Harsh but you could quite easily complete the whole of her qualification for her if you continue!

Peridot - nice to see you over here Very Happy So glad you have a better class but pooh to the last min notification.

Daniel - why Mr Carrot?

My lovely boss has agreed to today off with pay (old headteacher wouldn't have with it being such short notice and would certainly not have paid me) I am very grateful as Thursdays are really hectic at our place and I have 40 learners over the course of the day and they are the most disruptive gang I have. So not going to be easy at work for them today. Going back to work tomorrow as once he is home there isn't much more I can do for him and to be honest he wants peace and quiet, to sit and read his kindle, watch Dave and sleep in his big chair Very Happy My lovely hubby ordered my Dad some shopping online yesterday and arranged for it to be delivered to Dad's. So I am going there, putting shopping away and then going to get Dad.
I enrol on my Yr 2 Cert Ed this evening as well so going to be another long day ahead.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 pm

lovely a day to get ready take care cindy
as for me oh how I long for fri eve
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:47 pm

hey all! Feel quite stressed today! Feels like a lot of pressure is being put on everyone ta's included because the big o is due. We had a ta meeting today.... we've been told we are not allowed to do any admin while the children are in the class. We are to be sat with the children and engaged with the children at all times and in all lessons especially pe. Also the teachers have been told that all ta's and support staff need to have access to all planning! (That will upset some people!)

Then the head started talking about the performance related pay. KS2 ta's are being observed by the deputy head and our ta line manager who's also head of ks2. KS1 and F stage are being observed by the head teacher and KS1 leader (who is a moo which means none of us will be moving up the pay scale or getting a 2% one off payment!) They are setting us 3 targets... one related to pupil progress in maths.... one related to the wellbeing project running in school at the moment and one where we have to make a contribution to the school. I asked if you don't consistently meet your targets then what happens and our head said Well we'd follow the capability proceedure. (Whatever that is! Note to self to look it up!) I think she has put a lot of pressure on our class teachers to make sure they give us the opportunities to meet our targets. Apparently they were told in the staff meeting tonight that if we don't meet our targets technically it's down to them! I'm feeling quite pressured with it all and especially with who is observing me.... she hates me so it's not likely i'll met or exceed my targets... she'll find something wrong with me gauranteed!

On the positive my course was very good. It was all about poetry which i find a bit bleurgh..... I thought he was expecting an awful lot from them as year 2's.....I mean my lot last year although they were a pain they were quite able. Saying that you get to november and started talking metaphor's, similies, alliteration, personification, onomatopeia.... they would think you had grown 3 heads! This years lot are no where near as able so it seems a big task to take on. This poet is coming into the class for the day in the next few weeks to do lots of work with the kids though and he seems really switched on so fingers crossed it all goes well.

I'm looking forward to really relaxing with a book tonight and try to unwind.

Hope everyone else has had a good day! It's friday tomorrow! Very Happy

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:39 pm

you will be erved by the head too so she will not be able to be too mean!
we always have 3 targets the first been to help a set of pupils make their 3 points progress. Mine is to enable all pupils to make 3 points progress in all classes I teach - well as that is from 6 down to 2 on a regular basis I have a large ammount of pupils to cover and is pretty impossible!!! my 2nd work one is personal to me and my third is a personal, personal one. last time I managed my personal one made some progress towards my personal work one and bombed my 3 points progress for the whole school!!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:00 pm

cindy -re the witness statements,I did them all last year for her level 2 as well as that was what I was asked to do by her tutor ! wont be doing it any more thank goodness !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:13 pm

[quote="Lil Miss Sunshine"]

mrsp- you are a witness as such she should be writing them and you will read and sign. She needs to say what she did and how, you check and sign, simples. Do not do her work for her! Harsh but you could quite easily complete the whole of her qualification for her if you continue!

Cindy Ive just text her to tell her what you said !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Have just had a reply," unfortunatly ive covered all the standards in the course work " - !!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:29 am

mrsp wrote:Have just had a reply," unfortunatly ive covered all the standards in the course work " - !!
Yeah cos you wrote them for her!

Peridot - capability procedure would not be undertaken unless there is a serious lacking in meeting your targets and they need to look to make sure targets set are not unreachable. Observations have to be made to a standard formula so she cannot fail you because she doesn't like you as she has to say why you did not meet these. There you can challenge it.

Dad was so pleased to get home yesterday, bless him. I made him walk up and down the steep stairs afore I left him. He managed, a little wobbly but better than I thought. I am going to pop in after work today so will be getting home late again tonight and then tomorrow we take him to see his new bungalow and get things moving a bit quicker.
I enrolled for Uni last night, got my new student ID badge and all ready to go and start next Wednesday evening What a Face
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:32 pm

good grief cindy you never seem to stop.
well my voice lasted till 3pm when it cracked and almost disappeared completely. A quiet weekend at home methinks
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Ive spent today sorting out my paperwork for my modules at uni.In the 3rd year they dont give out lots of paper work,instead they send it via email and its up to us to download it all and print it off .
So my poor printer was working overtime ! each module has its own ifo box so students have to access the online boxes to get schedules etc .
Ive registared this week and tomorrow im enrolling .I have 6 mahoosive reading lists to trawl through and also some homework for my maths module to complete before lift off on Oct 1st! ooh getting excited now bounce
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Phew thank god that day is over! lol! wasn't as bad as yesterday as i had the morning off because one of the other ta's took over my little friend that takes up every single minute of my day. He is exhausting! The class teach went into the head today and said about him and she basically said i'm not to give him any time any more.... if he is misbehaving send him out! I personally don't think that will work... but there you go we will do it her way for a bit and see what happens!

I did photocopy the capability proceedure to read it and make sure i knew what i was getting into if i didn't meet my targets. I know i am stressing myself out over nothing and stuff but I am kinda worried. I shouldn't be because I can do my job well..... but it still scares me! I think i'm going to have to document everything i do and if for whatever reason i don't do a group then i need to document why so when they do turn around and say well you've not done x y z i can say well i was doing this instead! Just feels like a lot of extra work for me that's all! I might also ring my union and get them to talk it through with me as well so that going into that first meeting, where they set you your targets, i know what my rights are etc etc!

I am kinda paranoid now. Normally on a friday i'd be doing admin tasks like issuing new spellings and homework etc but because of what they've said about us being totally engaged with the children at all times, i'm like well i shouldn't be doing that i should be sitting with the children.... consequently it didn't get done till like half past 2 this afternoon so it was a mad rush! I managed it however!

Oh plus point of today was holding the olympic torch! It came to school and we all got a chance to hold it etc.... i did have my photo done with it but my photo is so hideous i refuse to subject the public to it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S linda try not to work too hard! x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:19 am

I didn't know all about this Cindy Crying or Very sad I do hope that now, a week on things are on target and that Dad is happer and better.

All my days are rolling into one at the moment, but I shall try to sort myself out x x
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:04 am

Oh enjoy Linda and remember take some 'me' time.
Peridot, try not to stress hun and writing down why you didn't do xyz is a fab idea. That way you have evidence.

I went to see Dad last night after work, didn't get home till gone half eight, tea and then fell into bed, shattered wasn't the word. He is doing really well, not picked up his pipe or had a sneaky draft of Morgans, so really pleased with that. He looks so healthy and has a glow. He is still wobbly and gets tired easily but that is to be expected.
Me and my bro are taking him to see the bungalow today and have his interview to see if he is suitable to live there (they vet everyone to make sure that all peace and quiet is maintained).
At some point I need to collect my sleeping bag from Argos for the sleep out a week on Monday What a Face I must be blooming mad!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum