HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 14 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by mrsp Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Cindy we are here to offer any help - you are always on hand for others !!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

cindy what is it precious?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Just how my day was folks, nothing to worry about Very Happy Too many things to do, not enough hours and people wanting my attention lol. Rather hectic to say the least and it doesn't look like it will let up this week either. I have several learners going through their tests, all are nervous and I am teaching so can not be there to give moral support to them Sad

Hows everyone's weekend gone?
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Made it through the snow to see 'Les Mis' as planned yesterday. Was unsure whether I'd like it; love the musical, have seen it twice, and sometimes films are a disappointment. But we loved it - all two and half hours! The little boy who plays Gavroche was amazing - and the music just moves you to tears...
lms - hope you have a better week (less stressful) this week x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Hope things are less stressful very soon Cindy x
Gracie -ive not seen Les Mis but im not really keen as although the actors in it are brilliant,im not sure I want to see them singing ? (if that makes sense ?) I prefer singers to sing and well known actors to just act !lol
I ventured out yesterday just over to my parents (9 miles) we still have loads of snow here although the roads are clear.My car still has 4 inches of snow on the roof that hasnt melted from Friday!
My uni was closed on Friday (thank goodness) really wasnt looking forward to driving there as its very hilly !
Im now going flat out on my dissertation lit review -its interesting but sooo time consuming and my eyes are suffering .
Trying to find stuff on mixed aged classrooms/teaching is like being a detective !!!!
Ooh cindy I now have my slimming world ball photo but dont know how to put it on here,if I email it to you will you have a min to put it on photos for me ? please xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 am

yup of course I will hun x

Well got up early today with the intention of going to GMB HQ to work with some of my functional skills learners to find out blooming buses have been suspended! Main roads are clear enough for cars and trucks, even the bus that comes up my hill is running! What a Face Madness, a bit of snow and we fall apart. I am hoping my buses to work tomorrow are running as they also are suspended today. Sad
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am

ooh thanks Cindy xx
Its not the roads down here that are the problem cos they are all clear,its the bloomin pavements -they are lethal and cause more probs than the roads !!!!
Its all just compacted snow/ice and like a skating rink = im going no where !! luckily i dont have uni this Mon/Tues so only need to get in on Wed pm and Fri .
will pm you my phot if thats ok xxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm

mrsp - you're so right about the pavements and pedestrian areas! Our school was open (London) and I made it in - very slowly - on the bus. Just spoken to my dad, he does voluntary work at a centre for brain injured folk in Worthing. The assistant manageress there struggled in this morning, in her car - then slipped over in the car park and ended up with concussion and a broken wrist! The poor lady was taken to hospital by one of the ambulances that bring the clients in!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope all are well! Sorry for the absence but life takes over and I sometimes forget to pop in and say hi to everyone and see how they are doing!

The pavements really are treacherous! One of our dinner ladies left work on friday and fell over and broke her wrist. She has to have 6 weeks off of work with the possibility that she might need surgery. Also a lady who gets on the bus with me fell over on her way into work this morning and she was walking in the road because the pavements were so treacherous! She has really hurt her ribs. She is really sore at the moment!

We were closed yesterday but in today. Seems silly really as it was worse today than it was yesterday!

Our senco made me laugh today... she turned around and said to me today "your experienced having worked with such and such... do you think he has autism?" I was like ermmmm....... a i'm not experienced with dealing with autistic children... and b who's job is it to look at that?!?! lol I am thinking as there is a seminar coming up about autism in essex... a few of our staff are going... i was wondering whether i should go to gain more insight and ideas on how to support. I'm not sure though. The boss has said any staff that want to go she will pay the entry fee for us to go.

I seem to be wall display lady at the moment! Our keystage leader is giving me all the work to do for both year 2 classes. It's a bit of a nightmare cos technically i can't say well ermmm no i ain't doing it... but at the same time it feels like no one else is doing anything either.

I have a long day ahead tomorrow as afterschool i'm going to another school for inset or training on the next part of this catching words programme for year 2. Both class teachers and me are going and we are one of the 4 schools selected in the area to pilot it so we get people coming in working with our classes and we've been on a trip as well. It's quite good and last time it was amazing as things as adults which we make difficult and we think omg the kids will never get this.... they have no inhibitions and tackle it with ease! It's amazing to see how much we hinder ourselves as adults! It's also really good to see the stuff they talk about in these seminars put into practice.

I felt massively under pressure today as i was doing phonics and my head was loitering and watching my session..... well not watching technically but she was hovering! I hope i did ok...... I'm enjoying teaching my group and seeing them come on. It's just really hard to try and cram a whole weeks worth of phonic sessions in to 3 days. It takes me like 2 weeks to get through just one weeks planning and that's with me picking and choosing what to teach! We are getting quite a lot of pressure about our phonics especially with my lot (last years yr1's) failing their screening test. I'm still teaching phase 3 in year 2! I feel under pressure to move on but can't because they not properly secure. Then the class teacher gave me someone today who isn't even up to the same standard everyone else is. I am really struggling with 2 of my group. The others seem to be doing ok and are working through the teaching quite well and are blending and segmenting where at the start they were not. The 2 i have issues with can't do that, one of them who is eal can say the sound when presented with it as a flashcard but as for blending and segmenting for reading and spelling.... forget it! I dunno what to do with her! I'll have another chat with the class teacher and see if I can change my group and also if i have time to spend a bit of time with her doing even more simpiler things.

Phew! That's enough of me going on. Hope everyone else has had a good day and they have stayed safe! x x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Lost of snow down here in somerset -loads today on top of old stuff !!
Uni cancelled tomorrow (good cos i wasnt going anywhere in my car anyway lol)
council are running out of grit !!
Ive put on weight (2lb)
I got an A in my role play for GCSE english!!!
Still snowing !!
Shocked

Take care out there folks
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 pm

well done on the 'a' Linda
you are keeping busy Tracey!!
I'd ask for help with the displays - do the gushing bit, could you give me a hand with this display. You're so good and quick at them!!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Blimey Tracey busy, busy, busy.
Well done Linda that is fab!
I must apologise for my absence from the forum of late, no excuse just shattered when I get home and just want to relax. I will try and get on more often during the week.
Work is going really well and I am loving teaching my older learners (thought I would never say that about teens). I had some of them sit their tests last week and one girl who said, I can't do it, I am going to fail, Passed! I was so pleased for her and her face was a delight to see when she was told her results. Very Happy
Next week I am teaching angles, perimeter, area, circumference etc and volume. They are so going to hate me lol. Mind you we covered algebra this week and they loved it! Even though I could see them visibly sink into their chairs when I introduced the learning objective ha ha
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi there just popping in to say hello ! im now soooooo busy with uni stuff ive hardly time to breath,Im now working on a 2000 word maths essay while at the same time trying to crack on with my lit review for my dissertation = its mad !!! not sure I can do this - have to stop myself panicing affraid
I did get my english results back last night
Presentation =14/15
Role play =13/15
debate =13/15 so thats an A in everything so far !!
As you can see this is defo my level lol -
In uni I appear to be lacking in writing ability big time,my tutor today said " you speak far better than you write "
tell me something I dont know please !!!!
Anyone fancy reading my rubbish and giving constructive feed back ? its a hell of a job and I wouldnt take it on lightly as my structure is pants plus I havent yet cracked using my reading in my writing !!! (think teenager level and thats me,so trying to write at uni level is a joke !!! I managed 58 in my childrens lit essay (love the module !) but failed dismally in my dyslexia module (39) = No hope No
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

email it to me Linda I'll read through it for you. Send me the criteria it's marked by as well and I'll have a go
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:17 am

Where did January go?! Whoosh, there one min and gone the next!
So how is everyone? Cold weather on its way again, brrrrrr Sad
My whole week has gone so fast I am still spinning lol x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:08 am

Its quite frightening how the months go by at such a rate of knots isnt it? -just makes me panic more as my dissertation is far from sorted and submission date is mid March Embarassed
I had a lovely `me day` yesterday,I met one of my sisters for lunch and it was great to catch up (we only live 9 miles apart but rarely see each other )
She was working so we managed 1hr for her lunchbreak and as we walked back to her workplace i bumped into my younger sister,her son and her niece.
Went over to my parents for my usual sat cuppa and catch up.My dad is now really stuck in to tracing his ancestry and has so far traced back to 1600 -not bad for a soon to be 80 yr old man .
Then I had a last min offer to go to the cinema and watch Les Mis - i wasnt keen but went anyway - WOW I thought it was brilliant and I now have a new respect for Hue Jackman (prob wrong spelling !) thought he was brilliant .
Glad I took my tissues as my friend and I were emotional wrecks by the end lol
Sunday means back at the laptop -de ja vu lol
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm

what a lovel day for you Linda. You will be refreshed for your studies. Yesterday I ironed as a break from my studies hmm doesn't compare does it? lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Helen,I have always been determind to get `me time` at some point or I think I would explode no matter what it is -even going to the loo !!!
Am now in de ja vu mode sat at my laptop trying to work -I have a maths essay due in 2 weeks,my dissertation at the end of march,a dyslexia training workshop assignment end of march but before all that I have a written english exam tomorrow eve !!
Mad doesnt even begin to describe life at the moment !
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:06 pm

oh poor lindy lou - English exam is your priority then. Maths essay for the next three days then do a bit of your dissertations thurs/frid saturday me time. dyslexia assignment sun and back to maths mon, tue ,wed.
email your bits as and when to me and we'll work on it together
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks Helen x
The english exam is 3hrs mon eve,its all hand written and 2000 words
We have to write about the relationships featured in the book Rabbit proof fence .
Ive chosen -husband/wife and father/son as i feel they are the more interesting ones .
Once ive finish the exam the book is going in the bin !!!!!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Well after a rubbish night where I spent more time on the sofa than in bed I have not had a good day,thankgoodness it wasnt a uni day !
Goodness knows where I caught this from but its horrid -sickness feeling in waves. Not eaten a thing so im hoping to starve the ........ out !!
Im supposed to be sitting an english 3hr exam this evening but cant really as i need to be within running distance of the loo !!! Embarassed
On a brighter note Ellen (my very talented daughter who is 20 tomorrow) has an interview at Falmouth uni on Friday for Hons degree in Fashion PhotographyThis is the 1st of 3 interviews,Falmouth,London and Southampton.Im so proud of her and will be going with her as its quite a way (4hrs) plus she has to be there by 8.30 am fri and as the first train doesnt leave here till then we have booked a hotel room for Thursday night so she can be sure of getting there. I will have my own tour guide as one of Ellens former school friends is already down there as a student so he will be keeping me company during the day - may take up residence in the library to get my work done .
Then next week its a uni reading week (holiday) so Im escaping to my sister in laws appartment in Swansea on my own for a whole week of peace in order to get on with my work . Its right by the sea and so lovely.
I really love being on my own when i have lots of work -as it concentrates the mind (well thats what im hoping Wink xxxxx

Last edited by mrsp on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:16 pm

mrsp - hope you feel better soon....... and well done to Ellen, I hope she is offered a place at the uni she most wants. I really enjoyed that time (few years ago now), visiting universities with my daughter. I couldn't go to them all, you can't get that much time off work. I didn't go with her to Bath, but as soon as she came back she said that was where she wanted to go. Although she was desperately homesick for the first term, she had three fantastic years there and looks back on it as one of the highlights of life so far. So best of luck to Ellen, I'm sure she will do well x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:59 pm

oh Linda hope you feel better soon methinks you have been overdoing it
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks Ladies !
Gracie where abouts are you in this country ? I do like Bath Spa as its very close to me (12 miles ) so do able on a daily basis .
Falmouth is 4hrs away on the train or 3hrs 30 in the car, its a very straightforward drive mainly motorway or duel carriage way not sure which to use yet (we get free train travel)
Thanks Helen -think you may be right there,not sure i can manage the stress very well .xx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:08 am

mrsp - I am in South London, so Bath was quite a hike from us! You live in a beautiful part of the country - I'd never been to Bath before Laura went to uni, but we made several visits over her three years there, it's just lovely.

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum