HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 3 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Peridot Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey i've had a funny old day! Smile One of the boys on my "clever" table.... he won't sit still and keeps getting out of his chair and walking around. So i piped up and said look the next time you get out of your chair i'm going to get a pritt stick and glue your bottom to your chair so you can't walk around! The others went ohhhhhh and he sat down so i thought no more of it! I was putting stuff away and i heard erghh he has poo on his trousers.... so i go up and go what's going on? They've gone he has poo on his trousers... so i asked him to stand up and he has white marks down the back of his trousers. I said how did they get on there? I was gluing my bottom to my chair he said! All the times i tell him an instruction or talk to him and he doesn't take a blind bit of notice and then today when i don't want him to take me literally, he does! It was funny though!

I am struggling to fill out this performance self review form..... What have you done well etc etc....

Hope everyone else has had a good day!

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:33 pm

put everytthing I am the most brilliantest t.a. in the world and youy can tell me nothing
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Defo Tracy -Big yourself up !!!!

Well my day started in the normal way:get up with Ellen & Jack and see them off the premises lol then I get a text message from the TA who took over my post in school,asking if I could cover her today as both she and her son were ill.Im ashamed to say I ignored it,had a shower and thought better of it so rang work -no one answered,then about 5 mins later the phone rang it was the admin lady asking if i was busy and would i be able to cover at all as both the ht and the class teacher were out sick and now the TA was off ! They had a supply who was the daughter of another supply teacher and wanted me as TA.So i agreed but said I had to find lunch etc first (the village where the school is does not have a shop ) Then I was asked if Id do whole school assembly and i agreed so went in at 10am as agreed after stopping off at supermarket to buy veg for my assembly, . Seeing the pupils faces as they walked in to the school hall to find me sitting there was a picture.We chatted about harvest time and what it means ,why we celebrate etc then i showed them the veg and asked them if it grew above the ground or under .I had some broad beans that I split open and showed them the fluffy lining of the bean cases ,which they loved and then we sang cauliflowers fluffy cabbages green....... because the last line is `broad beans are sleeping in their blankety beds` so now they actually know why they are singing it !!
I had a lovely day,the supply teacher was a dream (just like her mum was ) and Mrs P what do you think ? and Oh Mrs p is waiting for you to be quiet,it was lovely and she has given me an idea for my dissertation !!!!
Oh and Im in tomorrow as well -the reason im enjoying it so much is the ht isnt there and Im not there anymore !! lol
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:41 am

Aww enjoy Linda Very Happy
Pmsl Peridot, kids!

Busy, busy, busy arrgghhh!
Had my first Cert Ed session last night......mmmmnnnnn the yr 1's had it soooo easy compared to us in CTTL's, they are in for a shock with this tutor lol. The files they submitted are scant compared to ours that we handed in. Was given a whole rain forest of stuff last night and a hefty reading list. I have still two assignments to write up for my APEL at the weekend (when I will do that I don't know)
Dad is doing really well thankfully so I can ease back the visits a little though I do feel bad, but am hassling by phone lol
Oh Thursdays! What a Face My worst day of the week 28 unruly, bad attitude teens today Sad
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:30 pm

"Sir, look what he has put in his hair!"
"What have you done that for?"
"I wanted it spiky."
"Well putting hand soap in your hair isn't going to do that"
"Oh, is it spiky?"
"No."
"Oh, can I put some more on?"
"No."
"Sorry."
"Okay, go, wash it out and then go out to play."
Daniel
Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:43 am

oh bless them Very Happy
Not a bad day really and they said they had missed me last week, which was nice. It is Friday! Love Friday's as they are now my planning and paperwork day Very Happy
Tomorrow we are taking Dad to see inside his new bungalow and hopefully it will not be too long before we get him moved.
He rang me yesterday morning at half past eight using his mobile. You can imagine the panic I went through seeing his number at that time in the morning. He only wanted more batteries for his hearing aids lol
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Whoop whoop !! I bought a beautiful ballgown today which cost me a packet is so glamorous and fits so well .I will post a pic at some point . Very Happy
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:59 pm

oh yeah you thinking of attending balls in the future - are you a debutante?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Mark and I are going to London for a Ladies night with the army and although i have an evening dress,I usually wear the same dress as we see different people each time we go,but this `do` is a ball so I wanted to get something a bit special. I went to Bath and tried on 3 lovely dresses and bought a beautiful red one .It was very expensive but fitted like a dream and really shows up my waist which I found after a few weeks of slimming world !
I was supposed to be going away this weekend with my best mate to weymouth but she had to cancel at the last min Crying or Very sad
I Start Uni on Monday and im a little nervous -usual feelings of panic and wondering if I will manage it all affraid
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Tired, tired day, been OFSTEDed this week and I have so much to do before I leave for Russia on Tuesday.
Cover for my classes, assessment reports for yrs 10 and 11, etc etc
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 pm

oh gosh Jayne poor you what a week for you !!

Ive obviously missed the fact that you are off to Russia, wow how long for ?
xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:24 am

No not missed it, not really mentioned it. 11 students and 2 staff have been invited to a space masterclass with the Russian cosmonauts in Korolev city, the Space agency village. The Government have invited us for 6 days, and will experience their space work, museums, a little tourism in Red Square, Kremlin etc and full accomodation.

We leave here at 3 am on Tuesday morning and reture the following Monday morning. Actually getting a little excited now! its been a long while in the planning. Visas are really hard to get, although we were invited! x x
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Jayne what a fantastic experience - I am so jealous - is there room in your case for a very quiet little one!!!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Hope everyone is OK and having a good weekend. I am spending it sending encouraging texts to my daughter, Laura. She is walking the Thames Path - 100k in 24 hours! (for the stroke association, in memory of my mum). Her start time was 9.45 this morning - I have just he ard that she's just over a third of the way through. We are picking her up at Henley mid-morning tomorrow, unless we get a call during the night to say that she's keeled over!!! Hopefully that won't happen, she's pretty fit and has been training hard. She did ask if I wanted to do it with her .....................!!!!!! I get out of breath running for a bus!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:03 pm

caffeine needed wrote:Jayne what a fantastic experience - I am so jealous - is there room in your case for a very quiet little one!!!!!

Not sure you will fit in with first aid kits, medical forms, risk assessments etc lo x x
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 am

Lady Jayne wrote:No not missed it, not really mentioned it. 11 students and 2 staff have been invited to a space masterclass with the Russian cosmonauts in Korolev city, the Space agency village. The Government have invited us for 6 days, and will experience their space work, museums, a little tourism in Red Square, Kremlin etc and full accomodation.

We leave here at 3 am on Tuesday morning and reture the following Monday morning. Actually getting a little excited now! its been a long while in the planning. Visas are really hard to get, although we were invited! x x

Wow! What a fantastic experience for you all. Pics please xx have fun Very Happy

Busy weekend again. I can't remember the last time I was able to just sit and breathe in quiet Sad

We took Dad to see inside his bungalow yesterday, he loves it and did not want to go back to his house. We are hoping that by the end of Novemebr he will be moved and it will be a huge weight of worry lifted from our shoulders. Very Happy
The rest of the weekend is going to be packed with uni stuff (I am procrastinating at the minute, something I am very good at)
Tomorrow evening is the sponsored sleep out to raise money for Simon on the Streets. Just me a sleeping bag, survival blanket and the stars in the middle of Leeds city centre with around 30 other GMB union folk. I must have been drunk when I said I would do this. I love my bed and the warmth, hate being cold and wet so this is going to be a real challenge. Come Tuesday morning I know I will not be a happy bunny and certainly will not be getting any sleep. No So if you haven't sponsored me yet please do by texting CIND50 and the amount you would like to sponsor to 70070 and if you have a BIG thank you. I have a target of £500 and reached £325 so far Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Good luck for your sleep Cindy, will catch up when I ge back x x
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 am

Enjoy Jayne!
Well tonight is the night! I feel cold already. brrrrr
Please support me and give a little by following the link x
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Have an amazing time Jayne, can't wait to hear all about this once in a lifetime experience !,
Keep warm Cindy, hope the weather is kind to you and that you each your target xxxxxxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:33 am

Well I did it! Managed to get around an hours sleep, it was cold and temperature dropped drastically around five in the morning which woke me up. We had 33 folks including myself doing this. Total raised at this time £5, 500 so far and still donations/sponsors coming in Very Happy Pics to follow on the simon and the streets thread (when I get chance)
Thanks again to all that helped me raise £451! Not far from my target either.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Brilliant work Cindy !!!
I went out to see Sarah Millican in Bristol last night -she was soooo funny !
Today I was at home in the morning and went to uni for 2pm where I had a Teaching and professionalism lecture.As part of the module I will be on a placement in another school so we had to show our CRB and fill in a form detailing any experience of working in school .Well as you can imagine I filled the box and used the back of the sheet lol (they match up your experience with an appropriate placement ) the girl next to me wrote "2 week placement in a playgroup" and thats all - they will be doing their pgce next year and I wont even though I wrote" 12 years as a class TA,4 yrs as an hlta ,planning and teaching weekly RE sessions to a mixed age /keystage class,daily 1:1,small group and whole class sessions.Weekly whole school assembly planning and presenting.Staff absence cover". etc etc .................(well you get the idea,same old same old ..sorry moan over)
Then we had a session about our dreaded dissertations yuk !
I think I have an idea but not sure its enough ....Do mixed age classes have an academic advantage over a single year class ?

Last edited by mrsp on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more)
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Awww linda! Don't cry! It will all be worth it in the end and your experience will have more meaning than theirs will! You been there and done it... they obviously haven't!

Well done cindy! Very proud of you! I was reading your status updates on fb on the way into work the other morning! Smile

I had my performance management meeting today. Was very nervous but it seemed to go quite well. I have 3 targets to do.... one of them is for maths and she mentioned that because i've done 2 years in yr 1 and (by the end of this year) 2 years in yr 2, she said it would be useful for me to go into year 3 and observe and help in a couple of their maths lessons to see where they are expected to be when they leave year 2 and it will help me working with the higher ones to push them on further. They will observe me for this target in march working with a group and helping on the carpet during a maths lesson so my practice will be assessed then.... what against though i'm not sure and she didn't seem to know either. Teachers are observed against a certain criteria does that mean we will be assessed like that too?!

The other ones are to do with the wellbeing project. I basically need to keep updated with things going on in school so she suggested i get a school email address and i can be sent the different diaries that are going on and keep up to date like that. The other one was professional development. I found this one really really difficult because i have tried to progress my career development by doing my foundation degree so that i had a chance of going into teaching. This fell by the way side because i wasn't given the opportunity to do the work based tasks. I did tell her this and said i was wary of undertaking it again because of this. Also i need to do my maths and science gcse's again as well.... So she gave me the task of planning and leading a mental maths session every few weeks to gain confidence with leading on my own within the classroom. Also i'm going to get more training with numicon to help me use it more effectively as well. She said this will improve your experience with teaching and it's something you can take away and use for your courses in the future if you wanted to.

I had a fabulous afternoon making a mess. We are talking about islands in geography so my class teach got everyone making this island for the board. A group were making the island and other groups were making things to go on it. It does look fab and we made a terrific mess! Was great fun. Will post a pic of it when it is up and finished! I must admit it felt good to be doing things like this as it's been ages since I felt i've done proper ta work! Smile

Hope everyone else has had a good day. x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:36 pm

LMS - well done, fantastic effort. Hope you are catching up on your sleep now!

Peridot - glad your PM went well. PM for support staff at our school has always happened, but been fairly low key - shared between me (as TA line manager), the SENCO and HT. Heard today that our LA has adopted a new and much more formal scheme and we are all to start it asap. Haven't seen it yet, so have no info - HT told me it will take a lot more time and she can't see that it will improve anything. We are to meet together as soon as she can find the time to have a look at it.

Not long till half term!!!! x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:43 am

Aww Linda, I know what you mean, things are coming fast and furious for me to with coursework. I have set myself a target of achieving my maths and english again....was nearly going to enrol in gcse english last night What a Face Yesterday at work we had a local college come in and show us there functional skills stuff and as we are going to be using this, correction, I will be lol we were able to sit the initial assessment tests. I am very pleased to say for English I am level 3 and Maths Level 2 suits me fine! I got stuck on one question..the diameter of a circle is 9cm what is the diameter? I can't remember the formula arrggh so didn't answer it or I think I would have done better.
Tracey - glad your PM went well as I know you were worrying about it. Be careful those extra duties to support you don't become an extra way of saving the school paying you your worth, cynical I know Very Happy
Gracie - I don't get half term Sad
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Hey all! I must be mad but am thinking i'm not going to be able to do my foundation degree this year as things are a bit stretched.... I need to redo my maths and science gcse's before i even think about possibly teaching so was thinking of redoing maths first and then science next year. I rang ICS today and I can start today and they want a £65 deposit and then £62.50 for 4 consecutative months. Saying that doing my figures it works out cheaper than the college. I'd have to start right away though and plow on to it as everyone else has started in june so they've had a lot more time to sort things out! So would possibly be cramming to get it all in! I said i'd sleep on it over the weekend and see how i feel about it then.

Everyone at work is up in arms about the performance management. Apparently only one person should be present in the meeting... therefore our keystage leaders should not be in there and it's caused uproar. I don't know what the unions have to say and i've not been able to get through to mine as everytime i've rang they are kinda busy! Also it's a bit late as i've already had mine.

I've not felt all that well today. Felt really drained and exhausted for some reason today. Would so kill for a holiday but we've got another 3 weeks and then the madness leading up to christmas begins. Looking forward to putting my feet up and relaxing this weekend! Strictly starts tonight! Well excited! Very Happy

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum