HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 29 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 29 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by caffeine needed Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:06 pm

What a day first Sarah broke down and rang me almost crying cos she didnt know what to do
Then I was supposed to be covering one year 6 class and had gone through the morning with the teacher on Friday. As often happens with me I got in this morning to be told the other year 6 teacher was ill and they were transferring me to there (as I teach in there Monday afternoons) and the other hlta would cover the first year 6 class. Would you go through planning with her? of course says me (she is not used to working in year 6 usually doesnt go above year 3) so I goes through it and she was not happy as it was not written out for her ( I tend to work on a chat with the teacher and they say if it's not going to plan adapt it!) As there was no planning for the other class I had to wing it, we have a new name 'Make it up Monday!' So I spent the first 45 minutes sorting out her and then having to get things sorted for my year six class. Then I had to get some stuff ready for her for the afternoon as she was expecting to do p.e. but it rained. Now that wasnt a problem as I just gave her my r.e. stuff which I was doing with the other class but when she said will you cut them (the resources) down for me I was a little annoyed!!! phew rant over.

Then to put tin hat on it I came home from work and took off my bandage from my knee (it had been recommended I wear one and it really helps with the pain.
omg says Sarah you leg is every so swollen. oh hecky says me wonder why that has happened. I've been checking that it wasn't must be that dratted bandage what a pity it helps so much.
So Sarah asks when have you been checking? er in a morning when I get up
and why is that silly she asks and then has to go on to explain why leg is swollen when I've been standing on it all day.
don't I now feel thick!!!!!!!!!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:43 pm

aww poor you. I would have smacked her with the resources lol.
I hope the knee gets better with the injections hun.

I have had a fab day! I have a job at Harrogate college! Childcare and education tutor levels 1 to 3!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:40 pm

great news cindy!!!
taking life steady at the mo. Was sent home poorly on Wed after nearly having an epiletic fit. tis the ibuprofen I've been taking it too long so stopping that and resting as much as poss.
I am also very tired think maybe this year should have been a study break!!
ah well onwards and upwards
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Oh Helen please do take care of yourself!! I bet you are looking forward to the Christmas break!
I had my first class on Friday and came away smiling! Loved it. the staff are so friendly as well and willing to help which is good. It is nice having a team to support me, whereas in my old role it was me and nobody else.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 pm

caffeine, sorry to hear you have been so poorly - you must take care of yourself, sounds like you have been seriously overdoing it and worrying too much about everyone else! Hope you are having a restful weekend x
lms - great news about the job - you deserve some good luck - glad the first class went well. It's always good to have friendly colleagues, we all need that support.
Having a busy weekend trying to finish the present shopping as taking my Dad away next weekend for his 82 birthday - with my brother and sister. It's kind of become a tradition since we lost mum four years ago and he does enjoy it. We all live quite a distance apart and it's lovely to get together before the Christmas celebrations really get going and everything gets so frantic!
Have a good weekend and keep warm everyone X

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:52 pm

have a lovely weekend next week Gracie it sounds like a grand get together.
I am feeling better but I know I'm still tired going to get back to the studying tomorrow. I suspect I will be making up alot of the next assignment lol.
My diary next week is pretty quiet so I'm hoping to take it steady. I'm been observed on Thursday and have a day in York with year 2 Friday but apart from my normal diary that's about it
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:28 pm

you know that quiet diary? well it didn't happen! but at least I got a good for my ob
I am defo losing my marbles though today parked my car in a multi storey when I got back it wasnt that I couldnt find my car on the level I was parked on but couldn't find a door to reach the level! I could blame it on my age
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:14 pm

oops not been here a while soooo busy! even facebook is feeling a bit lonely as I don't post as much.
Very hectic for me working two jobs and travelling.
I did have a lovely observation of one of my learners this morning and got to watch a run through of a bit of the nativity by 3/4 year olds. Lovely
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Have just checked in here and there's definitely not much activity! Hope everyone is OK; I'm sure you're all really busy in the run up to Christmas. School is as full-on as every, with nativity plays, pantos etc. Kids (and staff) are really tired, it's been such a long term.
We took my oldest granddaughter to see The Snowman last weekend. It's the story of the film, and it was pure magic. The way it is staged and the dancing are brilliant - and they really do fly. At the end, it snows real snow on the audience - all the kids were entranced. Even my hard-bitten OH was a bit misty-eyed when the little boy finds his snowman melted!!!!!
Hope everyone enjoys the last week at school - back to the present wrapping now! xxx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:48 pm

we mostly use facebook now gracie and this group
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lol but I do keep logghoing in to check on things x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm

hi folks busy busy as everyone is I'm still trying to catch up on studying but have decided to wait until the holidays and give it a blitz. How is everyone doing?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Busy lols!! On a good note I have finally received an offer for my compensation and will be getting a pay out early February I hope. New teeth next year!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:25 pm

good news for you cindy I am desperately behind for my assignment and will be spending the whole of these holidays on it
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:57 am

Aww Helen, do try and get some time to relax. I will be catching up on lots of paper work also and getting myself ahead for a busy term.

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2014!  santa 
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 am

lms - good news about the compensation, definitely something to look forward to!
caffeine - hope the work goes well, take some time to chill and enjoy the break.

Finishing shopping, cooking and cleaning today - lots of visitors tomorrow, then off to my sister and her OH on Christmas Day.

Hope everyone has a happy and peaceful Christmas - and very best wishes for 2014  xxxx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 am

A very Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you day is filled with love, laughter and lots of hugs xx
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:33 pm

hope everyone had a lovely christmas and are still enjoying the break. I have had quite a rest and must now crack on with my assignment (which is why I'm posting on here) I have started honest 240 words out of 1000 for part b part a nearly done. Will be stuck on referencing as I've read very little - winging it lol.

My O/h bought me another car yesterday - it was getting a bit seriously in need as the power steering went on my old one on christmas eve!!!!! He's being going to buy one for a while but things got in the way as I was definate about the type I wanted this time, usually I dont care as long as it's not flashy!!!! I have got a citroen picasso c3 in blue and pick it up New Years eve. What a lovely start to 2014.
Here's hoping that 2014 brings you health and happiness in whatever you do (and as my science tutor said good results in any exam you may be sitting lol)
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:20 pm

OOh nice! What a lovely present Helen. I do wish you luck with your assignment. Don't forget there is google books and snipits you can use.

So glad Christmas is over and done with for another year! Tree is down and away and my room is back to normal. I must admit I have enjoyed relaxing and have made lots of dolls clothes. Me thins tomorrow I must get some planning down or I will be cramming at the weekend as usual
Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:53 am

no google books for me still struggling with working online which is why I have little to reference I have printed all the study guides for this block and am writing first and then changing it to fit a reference. I know this is very naughty but tis the only way. I'll hope for a pass on this one (don't deserve more) and then be really good for assignment 3
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Enjoy your new car, caffeine, and good luck with the assignment - as long as it's a pass, that's all that matters!

I know what you mean, lms - I love December and all the run-up, and I love Christmas Day .......... but then it's over! By Boxing Night, I am itching to get the tree out, decorations down and back to normal! It's all packed away now and I will hoover up the glitter, etc. tomorrow.

Went to see The Nutcracker in town yesterday. We could've got serious vertigo in our seats, we were SO high up - but it was beautiful and a lovely end to Christmas.

Time to think about the same old new year resolutions (for me, anyway) - eat healthily, drink more water, exercise and back on the diet wagon!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Aww Helen a pass is still a pass hun.

No new year resolutions for me as I break them all so not bothering this year lol.

I am at this moment planning and trying to get as much done before I go back on Monday and hit the ground running again. How long till Feb half term? Wink
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 pm

we break up on the 14th Feb tis a six week term am I counting?? Not really honest but have just done 6 weeks planning for r.e. (year 2) phsce (year 2) a bit of french and science for year 6 still got r.e. year 6
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:19 pm

I am trying to get ahead of planning also as I would like my weekends back Wink I am not counting either Helen but I can't wait already and I haven't even gone back yet. This term is going to be hectic with assignments from my learners coming in, so lots of marking for me Sad
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum