» Evidence for standards
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

February 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by mrsp on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Peridot wrote:Everyone at work is up in arms about the performance management. Apparently only one person should be present in the meeting... therefore our keystage leaders should not be in there and it's caused uproar. I don't know what the unions have to say and i've not been able to get through to mine as everytime i've rang they are kinda busy! Also it's a bit late as i've already had mine.

When I was at my school our performance management only ever had one staff member and their line manager in the room. I always had mine with the head teacher and that was it -just me and her .
Odd how its different in some schools isnt it ?

mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:15 am

Yes, we have only every had one other person in the room for performance management - your line manager (mine is the HT). As I said earlier, we now have a new PM scheme which I don't know much about yet, but I do know it will still only be one person. As mrsp says, all schools are different.

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm

My day started off fine but decended into me being left totally humiliated and naffed off !
I bought myself a new watch (only £5 cheap job from Asda ) BUT after 2 days it stopped working.
SO today I took it back BUT the teenage jobsworth on the customer service counter question me as though id stolen it !! Bloody woman even had the cheek to call her collegue over in a loud voice saying "this customer wants a refund on this watch but i dont think its one of ours " there was also a massive queue behind me the whole time .
I have many yrs of retail experience behind me and Im very clued up on consumer rights SO tomorrow im ringing their head office -they`d better watch out !! Twisted Evil

mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 am

ooooh Linda she needs a lesson in customer relations quickly

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:15 am

Blooming heck Linda, how dare she suggest you had nicked it!

Well as for my day what a past few days. On my way to work Friday morning and didn't make it. I was hit by an audi driver running red lights at a pedistrian crossing. No brken bones but no front teeth left either and battered and bruised down my left side but alive and thanking whoever was looking over me for that. Needless to say no dancing for a while. Was discharged from hospital yesterday afternoon with strict instructions on head injuries etc etc. Slept and more sleep when I got home inbetween taking painkillers for the face. It is now oing a lovely shade of purple and my nails need doing.
So my new outlook is take each day and cherish it (not much different thinking than before but even more so now) and don't dwell on what if's x

Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

http://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:16 am

Oh cindy you are one brave lady,having seen the pics i think they should be part of a road safety campaign !!!!
Thanks Helen !
Well have just had a reply from asda =£10 gift card and new watch BUT it was the supervisor who apologised to me NOT the girl who made the origanal comments so a cop out for her me thinks !!!

mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

save it for a chrimbo present hun x

Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 pm

good lord cindy you poor young thing

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:48 pm

lms - so sorry to hear about your 'accident' - hope you are beginning to feel better - and hope the driver loses his licence!! Take care and lots of rest xx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm

ok things are not going well.
as some of you will know I've been an epileptic for 40 years and been fit free for 29 of those years. Medication helps but I also have a lifestyle which keeps me free. Over the last few weeks I've had a few incidents at work where I've not felt well - a little lightheaded, hands not doing what I want them to etc. I've had cold and a sore throat and been very busy at work so was hoping it was that. This weekend I took it easy and hoped it would help but today at work the hands were going again.
Now I'm at a loss because I dont know what to do next going to docs isnt an option because I cant put my finger on why so they cant help and they have less idea than I have of my epilepsy ( I've not been for so long with it, that I know more than they do!). Anyways sorry for the moan I know you cant help but I feel a little better just typing it!!!

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Maybe a change in meds Helen? Food different, lighting etc? As you know environment can effect this. Change in coffee brand even. I do hope you get it sorted as I know you do not like it stopping you at all. Take care hun xx

Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Helen, check out if there is a bug about at the moment !! We have had a few cases here of lightheadedness , I had it the other day.. Are you drinking enough fluids, turns out , that was my problem. Electrlyte imbalance xx. Sending hugs.

Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Sorry you are not feeling good, caffeine. All the advice given sounds good, but if it doesn't work, maybe a trip to the docs will be worthwhile...... perhaps things have moved on a bit, or you might see a different doctor ........... and you don't have to take their advice if you don't want to! Hope you feel better today.

Also LMS - hope you have recovered from your traumatic weekend!

Have had a very good day today - away from the classroom! On a course 'Level 5 plus English'. They made me feel we are on the right track (always reassuring) and I've come away with lots of ideas and strategies to take back. Oh, and lunch was good!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:43 pm

well happened again this a.m. I've worked out it appears to be when I'm writing on the interractive whiteboard! so I've decided to use the iwb for smart notebooks etc but when I'm writing and working through things with the children I'll use the whiteboard on the wall, or do what I did today and get one of the children to 'be the teacher' and explain the working out!!!
I've an appt at the docs on friday for something else and will ask them to check my 'bloods' as I've not had this done for a while

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 pm

try changing the background to a yellow or cream as standard hun may help xx the brightness could be affecting you, so make all slides this colour to work on, kids will like it better as well x

Much better today, my mouth is still huge and I drool when I talk pmsl. The GMB union regional organiser popped by today and dropped me off a new shiny kindle touch! It is fab! Started my claim for personal injury and police coming to see me Thursday Very Happy

Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:21 pm

glad you are feeling a little better cindy
wouldnt you know it just when I feel all is lost and make appt with doc I felt a little better today - it is the light shning on the whiteboard I now think will try changing the background

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:24 pm

I have changed my screen so that they are always cream. Because of the glare ! They are much better xx
Glad you are feeling a bit better Cindy , bit of a drastic way to get a more up to date kindle!! Cxx

Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Long day today,12 - 7pm
teaching and learning in mathematics 12-1
teaching and professionalism 2-3
dissertation 3-4
Teaching and learning in mathematics workshop 5-7
The work is coming in thick and fast now and its a bit daunting - and i have to be very careful not to start panicing !
Journals to write up,dissertation proposal due in Nov etc etc Ive been here before lol but now its for real
The teaching and professionalism module was strange,we did some speed dating ! asking questions about teaching and being a professional.It appears I am the only person in the whole group (15)who has ever been in a classroom !!!! I realised today that in the third yr its only us ex foundation degree students that have ever spent any time in a classroom !! so when the question " do you think pgce should be uni based or school based?" I was off lol
Dont think they realised that an ex FD mature student would be that opinionated !! The best bit was when I said that a person can be qualified up to their eye balls but Its what you do once you open that classroom door and your faced with 30 children who you are responsible for that make you a teacher,not just a bit of paper cheers The thing is each person who I spoke to,totally agreed with me !!
The group is really quiet at the moment and I was getting naffed off cos the tutor kept asking questions and muggins hear was the only one to answer them !! hope it improves Shocked

Then race back 12 miles to weigh in at slimming world and whoop whoop Ive lost 1 stone so far !!!

mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

no wonder you have, I was asked today if I was feeling well because I wasn't talking enough (this from the d.h.) I'm perfectly well I says just absolutely shattered and want to go home. This was at 4.45, I was marking after having attended a maths meeting finally left at 6. Roll on half term for the last two weeks I've worked almost non-stop 7.45-5.30

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 pm

7:00 - 5:00 every day here too! I'm feeling it as well. I don't foresee any respite after half term.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:00 am

caffeine needed wrote:glad you are feeling a little better cindy
wouldnt you know it just when I feel all is lost and make appt with doc I felt a little better today - it is the light shning on the whiteboard I now think will try changing the background
One of the teachers I worked with went on a dyslexia course and was told that changing the background colour would also help those with epilepsy. She then had it a pale yellow or blue and changed the font colour to dark brown as well. Much better for me never mind those with problems.

Mrsp - slow down hun
Daniel - I remember those long days, mind you I have them now too and not as many holidays Sad

I am recovering well folks, swelling going down on my face though still can not speak to long without it hurting. My ankle still hurts and I think I may have to go back and insist they xray it again Sad
The police came to take my statement yesterday and the driver admits running the light and will be charged with undue care and attention. Going to be a long process though and will be nearer chrimbo before it goes to court What a Face
Have a good weekend folks Very Happy

Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:32 pm

well the doctor just said Helen you know your condition better than anyone else but please slow down for a bit. So tomorrow I'm taking James to a university open day I've planning for monday a.m. as a teacher is still in hospital so no planning from them of course, some reading for f.d. and marking to do. Sunday I am doing a sponsored walk for a hospice but I am determined that next week I will be home before 5 except wed of course!!!

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Cindy, I have missed such a lot! Been trying to find out what had happened to you. I thought you were injured during your night outside. Poor you, but I am glad you are feeling a little better. Hope they get the driver! x x

Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:49 am

Glad to see you are taking a little time for yourself and James Helen, hopefully this will help.
Jayne so glad you are back safe from your Russian experience and yes driver was caught though he did stop immediately Very Happy

Another lazy day for me today, though I am going to try and focus on some uni work. Woke up after having a very restless night to my body complaining and found aches I didn't realise I had before Sad My ankle is beginning to worry me a little as it is still numb around the main impact area, so will be getting that looked at next week. I also am having difficulty applying pressure when I walk on it. Mmmnn will see what doc says. Dental Hospital Monday for a look at what can be done about my lost teeth. I am thinking of asking them to take everything out and have false ones instead lol x

Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:08 pm

hope you get your ankle sorted soon
james decided he didnt want to go to the open day so am studying instead

caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content