HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
association of teachers and lecturers EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
association of teachers and lecturers EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

association of teachers and lecturers

+2
Daniel
caffeine needed
6 posters

Go down

association of teachers and lecturers Empty association of teachers and lecturers

Post by caffeine needed Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm

ATL is the union for teachers which also accepts support staff.

other unions are available!!!
I must echo Cindys post - all staff should be in a union
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

association of teachers and lecturers Empty Re: association of teachers and lecturers

Post by Daniel Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:11 pm

I've been with ATL for 3 years, they are absolutely fantastic.
Daniel
Daniel

Back to top Go down

association of teachers and lecturers Empty Re: association of teachers and lecturers

Post by caffeine needed Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:29 pm

well I think so but may be biased as am on the wakefield branch committee
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm with ATL as well and they have been very informative and were brilliant support when dealing with a violent pupil at work. Have not had much turn to use them and you hope you never have to... but knowing they are there is a massive bonus. I think doing the jobs we do you have to be in a union now.... i just wish i'd known about a union when i worked in the day nurseries!

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25 am

I am in ATL, Peter Morris is very helpful, he is a full time official for support staff in London.
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:13 pm

yes he is helpful and he has put up with my emails on a number off occasions
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by desigirl+43 Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:22 pm

i'm with unison are they any good? i've never had any reason to use them but was encouraged by colleagues to join the union. have only seen the outside union representative once about a year ago talking about single status, i think. at work we used to have a union representative but not sure whether she's still doing it! with all the money i've paid in i should really know abit more than that!

desigirl+43

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Yes, you should be in a union most definitely. not because of any militant reason, but for your protection in school.
I was with Unison for 30 odd years and when I and colleagues needed them they didnt help. However that is only one case, there may be many they have helped with. But it did make me resign. x x
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 pm

oh wow Jayne lovely avatar!!!!!

Unison seems to be the union which most support staff belong to - I didnt want to join them because they arent just a teaching union and they seem quite militant which is not me at all
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by desigirl+43 Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 am

wow lady Jayne, that sounds serious!
maybe i should start looking elsewhere, i will look into ATL and let you know what i think and if i change

desigirl+43

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:19 am

I have been with Unison since they started - we were all transferred from another Union, was it NALGO??? I haven't personally had to use them, but have known several people who have. They were very helpful in a 'serious' event (where a colleague was the subject of horrific accusations from a parent) - but that's a rare occasion, thankfully - but have been no help at all in the many more mundane queries re pensions, hours, jds, etc. I also don't like how militant they are, it's just not me. Have been thinking of a change for a long time and will look into ATL - will let you know if I do it!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:07 pm

have a look at all the unions you could be in -as I say I'm biased but other unions may be as good
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down