HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how...

5 posters

Go down

Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... Empty Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how...

Post by lisab Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 pm

they have affected your school and role.

Please can anyone help me? I'm stuck on this question for the ERR booklet. I've only got 7 small lines to answer the question but there's been so many changes, where do I start and how do I simplify it all?

This is my last question and then the booklet is done Very Happy cheers
Lisa
x

lisab

Back to top Go down

Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... Empty Re: Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how...

Post by mrsp Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 am

I would defo focus on the expanding role of the TA and how much its evolved .
Lots to think about,
How the TA is now an integral role in the classroom
TA s becoming more than `just a helper`
TA s becoming hlta
How has your role changed over the years -(personally I know my role as a TA when I left in July was nothing like it was 12 years before when I started the job)
TA is now viewed as a `proper job` unlike years ago when it was viewed as something bored mums went into !
Have you been in your job for a few years ? it must have changed from when you started ?- so much more responsibility now .
Also really important (I feel) years ago the TA used to be very much working UNDER the class teacher with a mahoosive divide between them however now The class teacher works WITH the TA as a team =Important !!!!????
Hope this waffle makes some sense ? xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how... Empty Re: Describe the main changes in your sector over the last few years and explain how...

Post by caffeine needed Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 pm

can't really add more. How much more work do you do independently -working with small groups outside of the classroom, intervention groups. do you plan for these yourself?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by lisab Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 pm

mrsp - fab, thank you, sounds perfect! I wasn't looking at it like that, THANK YOU!!

caff - I do it all by myself, have my own room, run the interventions on my own and do all the assessments, planning and reviews for language support. Teachers do the IEP's from my assessments. Yes, definitely do more now than when I first started doing it 5 years ago lol, thanks for reminding of that girls Very Happy cheers

Bless you, my book is now finished Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lisab

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:57 pm

so workforce remodelling has caused all these changes and off you go on to the next thing!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:24 am

EYFS changes and also proposed staff ratio changes Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by loubylou Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Workload has doubled this term. Always had time for a coffee and photocopying but now its intervention, intervention, intervention. 5 mornings a week, sometimes with a group of 10 and having to plan myself. It's great to be trusted to do this but a pay rise would be nice! Smile

loubylou

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:53 pm

ooooh pay rise must check dictionary for definition of this unusual word Laughing
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down