HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 6 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Gracie Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:59 am

Caffeine - what an awful time for you and your family - hope you and Sarah are both feeling better and stronger now. mrsp - you sound to be doing exactly the right things for your uni friend. Have a wonderful time at your posh do!
I am feeling generally fed up. I've had toothache building up for a month or so now (but it's easy to ignore and hope it will go away)! It didn't go away and got much worse, so on Friday I phoned my dentist from school at 8.00 a.m. and was luckily able to get an appointment for 9. She said I have an abscess in the 'tooth sinus' - whatever that is - and talked about root canal, (yuck) crowns or losing the tooth. She gave me antibiotics and booked me in for a review in 3 weeks time. The antibiotics have had no effect; the pain has got worse and worse over the weekend and now goes right up to my eye socket. I have lived on painkillers. Would have gone to the dental hospital yesterday, but they are closed over the weekend. Haven't gone to work today; have phoned dentist again and going back at 10.50. Don't want to lose the tooth, but have to do something!!!!!!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 am

ooohh Gracie big hugs and yes I can imagine it is very painful, get it whipped out hun, hope it goes well for you xx

I am really on the mend now my ankle doesn't look like an elephants foot anymore and is nearly normal size, still very purple though. My mouth is healing well but feels very odd not having any front teeth as you can imagine. My solicitor is going to ring me today so hopefully that will get moving as well. I am hoping to be back at work on Friday, never thought I would say it but missed my stroppy teens What a Face Next week only going to do two days and then the following back to full time body permitting Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:43 pm

lms - glad you are feeling better, but don't rush back into the fray too quickly, make sure you are really recovered.
Went to the dentist - she has now decided that it could be any one of three teeth that's causing the problem! All the teeth have huge, ancient fillings from childhood. So today, I have had one of the huge fillings removed and a temporary dressing put in. On Friday, the dressing comes out, and a new filling - possibly a root filling goes in. If the pain is still there, she will move on to the next tooth ..............!!! Not sure if I think this is a good idea, but I don't know what else to do. Hasn't been too bad today (numb from injections) but very uncomfortable now they are wearing off.
Hope everyone else has had a good day!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Cindy don't do too much, Gracie you poor girl teeth are not funny when you are in so much pain hugs
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 am

Oh Gracie not good big hugs and Helen I won't do too much. Going to take each day as it comes, Friday will be the first time since the accident that I go anywhere by myself Sad Going to feel very odd. Hubby is coming with me to bus stop and then on my own.
I hope everyone is managing to carry on, last week folks and then a break for you all Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Big hugs Cindy for your return to work,you are one brave lady !!
Gracie - hope you feel better soon !!!
e Helen how are you ??

I feel as though Ive missed lots on here lately due to racing around like a mad thing !
Im home today as uni works on a fortnightly schedule so my week B (this week ) i dont have any lectures on Monday or Tuesday which gives me a chance to catch up on homework etc .
Tomorrow (Wed) I will be in uni from 9am - 7pm as I have a meeting with my tutor/mentor,we were asked to send an introduction email which i did and included info about my lack of writing skills; she replied asking if I would like to meet her to look over some stratagies for writing. So that will be helpful (I hope)
I also have learning in Mathematics tomorrow 5-7pm which is really mind boggling but so helpful for me as its very reflective and I keep a journal with me at all time to record my learning .
The `posh do ` is just over a week away and im really looking forward to a chance to prove I dont always wear trousers Laughing
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm fine thanks - Sarah has an appointment with her regular doctor at the end of this week and I'm back to normal working times - guess what? I left work at 4.15 this aft, the earliest for weeks I have been leaving at 6. Not only that but I've been getting proper lunches this week AND I got an hours planning time today! Not content with that all books are marked and I've even started getting stuff ready for my R.E. displays.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:38 pm

wow!! That is good Helen, bet you didn't know what to do with the extra time at home.

Looking forward to the 'posh' pics Linda x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Good to hear it Helen !

Ive just found out where my school placement will be for The Teaching and Professionalism module,Im going to a first school that is 10 mins walk away from my house !! This is the 1st time ive ever had a school within walking distance so im chuffed .
I know of the school but have never been inside,it will be very different from my old school (which is good) it was in special measures but is now rated `good` and has a very high number of TAs due to behaviour issues .Having said that Jenson Button went there so it cant be all that bad lol
Anyway im just relieved that Im not having to travel up to 45 miles away as some people are having to ,and even if its horrid and i hate it,it is only from 15 th Nov -to christmas so im sure i can put up with it !
Dont relish the thought of getting to know all the TAs as there are sooo many -i will never remember their names !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

of course you will Linda I have to remember the names of over 360 kids, thankfully I dont go into reception or nursery too often at the moment, it's daunting at first but you'll be great
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:53 pm

mrsp - that will be great, being so close to home. Reception and nursery - just think about all those snowman pics, collage Christmas stockings and angel costumes you will be part of!!!!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 pm

lol oh yes id happily forgotten about all that !! It will be a year 2 class which is right up my street cos its about my level of thinking lol
Didnt finish uni till 7pm this evening and then drove 12 miles home and straight to slimming world.I managed to lose 1lb so thats good and now only 7lb to target,not sure i can do that in just 10 days which was my original target .
No uni tomorrow so will do some housework before getting on with my dissertation proposal and going to a very posh hospital to visit my study buddy who has had major surgery .
Oh yes forgot to mention I met up with my tutor today who wanted to know about my journey so far so of course i told her and she said we really need you on the pgce course !! so now i feel wanted Very Happy
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 am

Aww that was nice of her Linda. So glad you found a placement nearby Very Happy

Well last day of rest for me and back to work tomorrow What a Face and you all are breaking up!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 am

Lil Miss Sunshine wrote:Aww that was nice of her Linda. So glad you found a placement nearby Very Happy

Well last day of rest for me and back to work tomorrow What a Face and you all are breaking up!

LOL wish i was breaking up cos i miss having a week to catch up with my studies !!!
Make the most of the rest Cindy ! really hope your work collegues look after you !!

Im off to visit my study buddy after her big operation (total hysterectomy ) she is only in her 40s but had 2 massive cysts (8cm across each one ) and they had teeth and hair !!!!
She has amazingly still enough energy after only having the op on Tues to joke and i have been giggling at her text messages which are hilarious (usually about wind !)
So im off to visit this mornig -just being nosey actually as its a private hospital =something ive never or will probably ever encounter !

Last edited by mrsp on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding)
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Linda do you ever really want to encounter a hospital?! Any hospital?!

Cindy hope it all goes ok and they look after you!

Ok it's been nuts! Lol! Seriously crackers at the moment! It's so busy! Everyone is really really tired and all very snappy and tearful. It's horrible at the moment. A holiday is very much needed!

A post has come up at work as our library co-ordinator has retired and our head has had enough of sorting it all out. She has asked a ta to work 8 hours a month to organise the library, keep it tidy and get more people in and using it! And she is paying for it! I was like ooo extra hours! So I went to speak to her and said well i only found out about it this morning but i'd probably set up a book group and meet once a month and do things like that to raise the profile of reading... Then i was coming home and thinking well could we get authors to come and visit and maybe sign peoples books? I have no idea how it's organised at the moment and what other school libraries are like! So any ideas would be much appreciated. Let me know what your school libraries are like..... I also find out after half term if i have the job! Every little helps as tesco's keep telling me!

Another drama i've had is netball! Our sports coach has no idea what he is doing but he wanted a team organised to take to tournaments. He was under the impression that i'd be doing it all but my head teacher said no as I am not a qualified sports coach i am not allowed. Pretty good going since i've not played since i was in primary school! It finally all got sorted out and we have our coach sorting it out but i'm being put on to a coaching course so that i can coach it myself eventually! Quite nervous about that but hopefully we'll do ok!

Quite looking forward to tomorrow. As we've been learning about pirates and doing lots of cross curricular stuff to do with pirates for the last half term we decided to finish of the half term with a pirate party. I've been in charge of organising games and things so we are playing musical islands, we are going to walk the plank, also play captain says and sleeping pirates. Kind of looking forward to it but will also be massively relieved when it's all over!

One day to go! Smile Hope everyone else has a great holiday! x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 pm

hey tracey if you want help with your library I did my old school one so just shout. only one more day to get through and tbh I will need every spare bit of tact I can summon up to get through it without speaking my mind
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:35 pm

[quote="Peridot"]Linda do you ever really want to encounter a hospital?! Any hospital?!

lol peridot Ive been inside so many im surprised they havent named one after me !

I went to visit my friend as planned and she looked far better than i thought she would so that was good.
The hospital was more like a top class hotel with room service and gourmet style food.

I also went to visit my parents for a cuppa (i was defo procrastinating BIG time !) and gave my dad my old laptop, bless him he is 80 next march but determind to use it to research his family history (has tokens from a newspaper) he told me he would be sitting in bed at night on the laptop,I have visions of him on facebook :lol

Leaving for uni at 7.45 am tomorrow (only have a 1-3 session ) but am determind to crack on with my disertation proposal affraid
Have a good day tomorrow and im really not at all jealous that im not on hols next week Wink

mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:28 am

Aww bless I have a picture of him sat there 'poking' people on FB.
Good luck with your dissertation hun x

Well back to work today, a bit apprehensive and have butterflies in my stomach. Didn't sleep too well either last night so that didn't help and not sure my breakfast is going to stay down What a Face My lovely hubby is taking me past where the accident happened to by second bus stop so I know I will be alright but then I am on my own Sad
Have a great last day of term folks and enjoy the week off (Linda you will soon get used top not having holidays) Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Hope you got on ok today cindy!

Helen that would be great! I will see if i get the job first! Hopefully I will get it though. Can see the sorting out of the library being a full time job for a bit though as the person who had it before wasn't particularly organised and only ks2 had access to it....... Any ideas for organising it and making it child friendly and also getting children in would be a great though!

Thank god it's holiday time. I am exhausted! Our pirate party went ok but the wicked witch from last year was involved which meant i didn't get to play the party games i had planned as she wanted me clearing up all the food that was on the floor! It went off ok though and the kids seemed to enjoy eating cakes and biscuits dressed up as pirates!

Hope everyone has a good and restful week! Linda don't work too hard! Smile

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:24 pm

anytime Tracey when you get the job you need to ask for time out of class for a week!! afernoons I would bett I'll help with thoughts nearer the time

I am celebrating as it is half term and I have succeeded in getting through the term!!!! (sorry cindy and linda
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks Peridot !

Hope your day went ok Cindy ?

I did a 9-3 day today at uni as i find it far better to actually be in the right learning environment.
Managed to get quite a bit of dissertation proposal planning sorted.
Im having a haircut tomorrow ready for next weekend as i dont like that `just cut look `
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:24 am

Good Luck Peridot! xx
Along day for you Linda and I hope it is coming along well.
Helen, jealous much Very Happy

Yesterday went well, getting there was a different matter. Felt sick and dizzy but hubby was with me through the rough bit and saw me on the bus to work which was a big help. Once I arrived I was shaky and teary but to be expected. I was just glad to have arrived in one piece. Some of my learners were in on another course and gave me a hug and asked how I was (they don't hate me after all lol )
Next week I am in just two days and then back to my usual routine 'ish' the following week D:

I hope everyone has a good half term and gets much needed rest. The next one is tough with the run up to Christmas etc x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 pm

well done cindy
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks Helen Very Happy

I had a really lazy day today and stayed in PJ's, too cold to go anywhere.
Has anyone had snow yet?
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 pm

That sounds a good plan Cindy!
It was cold today but not cold enough for snow here ,it has to be really cold for us to get any!

Ellen started her new job yesterday,she is at college during the the day but has a job at a local Chinese restaurant from 6 - 9.30pm during the week .
She has had a couple of bad experiences in the past with jobs that didnt work out so was sooo nervous when i dropped her off for the first shift on Friday evening. But when i picked her up she was full of smiles and clutching a free take a way ! she loved it and even spent time behind the bar.She was back again this evening and commented how friendly they all were .She has never earned money so she is really pleased to now actually have some !
I am up to my eyeballs in uni stuff but then whats new ?!a 1000 word proposal in 2 weeks and a study of a reader /interview and 2000 word eassay a week after that ! hey ho Shocked
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum