HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
Talking partners EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
Talking partners EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
Talking partners EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
Talking partners EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
Talking partners EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
Talking partners EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
Talking partners EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
Talking partners EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
Talking partners EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

Talking partners

3 posters

Go down

Talking partners Empty Talking partners

Post by caffeine needed Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Talking partners was originally devised by bradford equality and diversity service for use with children with eal it is now used for all children. I personally have had alot of success with this. It is designed to be used in small groups (3 or 4 children) and is a ten week programme with three 20 minute sessions a week, however I have also had considerable success just using one or two sessions a week for 15 mins. groups are usually made up of two or three quiet children with sp and lang. difficulties and another who has a little more 'umph' but not so much that they overshadow the others!
thye aim of the programme is to develop the sp & lang of the children in a small setting which improves their confidence and as the content can be related to anything the ch will or are doing in school be it lit, num or science can also give the ch. pre-teaching on a subject which means they can join in whole class loessons with more confidence.
children are assessed at the start of the programme using the renfrew picture test and again at the end. The vairious frameworks available include 'newstalk' barrier games and reporting back, the last framework I find particularly useful when asking l.a. children to review what they have learnt especially in science and d.t. evaluation. The frameworks supplied are age and ability appropriate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Talking partners Empty Re: Talking partners

Post by giggles Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi CN. I had Talking Partners training a few years ago and a quick 'top up' a few weeks ago. I am about to start the programme with 3 year 5 children (one is EAL) but am struggling to get it in my head where to start. I have all the resources (the file etc) but their class is currently looking at 'Persuasive Text' (adverts) at the moment and I can't think how to bring this in to the programme. Any ideas to kick start me off would be much appreciated!
Thanks so much
Giggles x

giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by mars Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:49 pm

I have run this with year 3 children but not for about 3 years now as there hasn't been the time! I assume you are sorted now as I am so late to reply. Hope it all went well  Very Happy 

mars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum