HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 20 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Gracie Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm

caffeine - I can sympathise, I did exactly the same at the beginning of the holidays - and it drove me mad until I got it done. The tooth was right at the back and was apparently too damaged to fill, so I had to have a crown. It was finally done last Thursday (after a one hour 'crown prep' appointment the previous week) and I'm just getting used to it now. I don't like it (it's silver) but you can't see it at all. Apparently, the NHS will now only give you a white porcelain crown if it's a front tooth, and I wasn't going to pay £550 for one no-one can see!!!! Mind you, you wouldn't want one of these in a visible place - unless you want to be an extra in a Bond movie! Hope you get on OK x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 am

It's Friday Yay!! Been a long week and very busy. Enjoy the bank holiday folks x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri May 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Weather should be good !!
I managed to pass my dissertation thank goodness !
I have also been told I can re submit my failed essay and just `tweek` it as its only 1 mark .I have until June to get it sorted and submitted so should be ok .
Next week will be horrid,Teaching and professionalism live viva assessment and debate plus folder submission on wed pm.Thurs morning I will be attending my friends Funeral ,i was told of her death by my sister as it was in their local paper,she ws 50 and i grew up with her.Im ok just sad as it seems so young and she had a lovely family .
Hope you all have a lovely weekend dont get sunburnt !!! xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri May 03, 2013 9:31 pm

my hand is soft tissue damage and the treatment is exactly what I was doing ibuprofen and rest as much as poss. it's much better not long to wait till dentist now so things are settling slightly. Good news on dissertation Linda. going to see sarah monday she is 21 soon
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat May 04, 2013 7:08 am

Oooh Helen I do hope it gets better quick. Sarah nearly 21! Eeek! I remember when she was at high school!
Raining here this morning and I have a raging cold that has invaded my right ear. It came on quite sudden yesterday evening and has even given me a sore throat which I do not normally get Sad
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat May 04, 2013 8:19 am

She thinks she is getting old I sent her a link to a local newspaper article about a girl getting a place in a dance show. It is the daughter of an ex dance teacher of hers and she remembers her been born. This girl is 14 now and Sarah has now realised how time flies lol. I must get my essay half way writtenh today I have been procrastinating for far too long lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sat May 04, 2013 8:41 am

Gosh lovely ladies I hope you both feel better soon !!!
Helen doesnt time fly ? My Ellen will be 21 in Feb and I cant believe it !!

Raining here today,not worried though as I wont be out in it for long, will allow myself a couple of hrs over my parents but then have to get back to work as I still have soooo much to do before next Wednesdays `Viva` (really not looking forward to it at all),have to give a speech about my journey,professionalism and link it with theories .its only 5 mins but we are not allowed to stumble -the 5 mins has to be academic/thoery based and include relevent authors (lol like im going to remember any !!) I did mention my poor memory prob and they will let us have a few points on a card which will help. Then Funeral on Thursday and my Dyslexia training workshop assessment on Friday (this is ok as im with a really good friend and weve worked together presenting on FD and weve both worked in a school so are used to it ) Hope you all have a fab weekend - any chance of a `meet` at all this year ? feel its been ages xxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat May 04, 2013 4:46 pm

busy lady Linda!
Must share Sarah passed her maths exam today (the one you have to pas to be able to teach cant remember what it's called she passed her english one ages ago). I was really worried as her mental maths has always been a problem and you only get three goes she did it on her second attempt. I am so proud of her.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sat May 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Well done Sarah!!!! - was that QTS ?
Im dreading that and think it will hold me back a lot - need to get my GCSE first.
Brilliant news !! xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 am

yeap it was. the english one is a breeze but I am dreading the maths myself!!
We got her a tutor and ok it wasnt cheap but the best thing we had done. would you believe you are not allowed to even take your watch in with you and of course it's all done on computer! aargh not looking forward to it at all timed as well. help. tell you what we'll stress together when the time comes
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 am

Lol thanks Helen !!

Im racing to finish my teaching and prof module for wed assessment - its touch and go if I will actually manage it,wouldnt be so bad if it was the only module,but also have a presentation on Friday and a 3000 word essay that Ive not yet started due in 10 days !!!
I need some help with one thing - I have to write a list of key professionals in school and their roles,surely this depends on the size of the school ?
So far I have Head teacher/Deputy Head/Head of Year/senco/class teacher/gov ? .....doesnt this depend on who you view as a professional ? could cause big arguements ?
Any advice would be great thanks xxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun May 05, 2013 5:29 pm

speech and language therapy, head of an area of curriculum, nurses as I said in my message on FB depends on school, area and catchment of kids xx You can do this Linda x
When I am down your end next (Aug) I must pop by and see ya x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun May 05, 2013 5:38 pm

mrsp - would Bursar and School Business Manager also count? Think they probably would, but as you all say - depends on the size and make-up of the school.
caffeine - well done to Sarah, I wouldn't want to be doing that now!
Hope everyone is enjoying the sunny weekend - have just returned from a day with my dad in Worthing. Lovely walk along the beach, then a pub lunch.

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun May 05, 2013 5:44 pm

ooh Gracie that sounds like my idea of heaven !!!

Have spent the day tied to my laptop yet again ( apart from an hr with a friend who rescued me from madness lol)

It looks so lovely out grrrrr

xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon May 06, 2013 12:31 pm

You can do it Helen!! You teach Maths every day.
Nice Gracie wish I had gone out and about this weekend.
Linda loved your embroidery!

Back to work for me tomorrow and all my planning finished despite me having a raging cold and my eyes and ears streaming constantly.

Look out for the summer meet thread folks!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon May 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Im still sitting at my dining room table -writing,the sun is shining and Im so cold I have my uni hoodie on lol this room doesnt get any sun !!!
Im nearly there -just sorting out my file ready to hand in on wed for my assessment .
I need to practice my Viva speech as well I still dont know what Im saying lol
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon May 06, 2013 1:44 pm

lms - hope you feel better very soon; colds are miserable at any time, but somehow even worse when it's warm and sunny. Hugs and lemsip! x
mrsp - you are working SO hard - but you're nearly there ........... hold on to how amazing you will feel when it's all done!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Oh Gracie you are kind !!
Ive nearly finished my pesky folder (has sections A- L) and every section had loads of stuff to include that has to be correctly referenced.
I also have to learn a `speech` for my 5 min `Viva` it has to be on a theme and has to include refs .Its only sat at a table but we are not allowed to stumble or stop and we have to include correct academic speak (lol no hope then !!) I did complain as they origanally insisted we had to learn it all by heart but I have an issue with memory and told them they werent being inclusive so now we are allowed a crib sheet lol
My issue is on the transition from TA to Teacher -Ive included having to teach a subject you either dont like or have few skills in (mines PE) i hate it and have linked it all with Hoyles extended model of professionalism (sounds impressive but not really lol) Just finished the folder,now need to sort what Im going to say .Oh forgot to mention in the assessment we also have to lead a debate but wont know what about until we get there ,we are expected to include refs then as well = !!!!!!!! no hope !! pale
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue May 07, 2013 5:50 pm

wish me luck for Wednesday !! just want it over with tbh !!! affraid
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue May 07, 2013 6:43 pm

lots of luck for tomorrow you will be fab. I'm trying to do my essay but my face is hurting like mad so may be will abandon it for tonight!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Wed May 08, 2013 1:04 am

Hope all goes well today Lindlou xxxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed May 08, 2013 7:04 am

Thankyou Liz,I know todays assessment is better than a written option but its not just a chat or normal conversation,It has to be fully academic with quotes and refs and on a certain topic .
Im going for what Im comfortable with and that is my journey but not chatty just making reference to the restricted model of teaching in those days and how I thought by shadowing a teaching in the school I worked in I would be doing the right thing -Ive then linked it to vygotsky learning from significant others.I mention the observed teaching style was actually a restrictive style but that I didnt realise until I was on this year .My placement teacher is mentioned because she had a very extended teaching style so Ive learned lots .yada yada yada ...... 5 mins worth that is prob rubbish !!
We also have to chair a debate about an unkown subject and im dreading this !! -has to be fully academic and include authors/refs etc .
2 hrs of torchure 2-4pm !!!!! xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed May 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Well to say I was nervous was an understatement !!
But we had a really good assessor,we each had to present our 5 min viva piece one at a time and when I had finished mine he said " gosh that was really passionate ` (wasnt supposed to comment at all ) so that made me feel better.
Then our group (6) went in and sat together and were given a sheet of paper with 6 statements on we were each allocated a statement and had 3 mins to think about it and write notes.Then we had to take turns to lead a discussion, the poor assessor had a job shutting us up Laughing
We all had so much to say and I made sure I said my bit too (well no surprise there then lol)
So glad its over -have to attendone of my best friends funeral tomorrow Crying or Very sad
Another assessment on Friday (what a week !!)
Then maths assessment next Wed and away with hubby Thurs/Fri Very Happy
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed May 08, 2013 7:14 pm

mrsp - well done today, sounds like you did a fantastic job. I'm sure tomorrow will be really tough, hope everyone gets through it x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks Gracie - Im ok but feel really sorry as her dad now only has her sister as her mum died a few years ago .Also she was married with a son = what a waste at only 50 yrs old .
Im hoping some of my old school friends will be there as they were her friends as well because we were in the same class all through infant/junior and senior school.
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum