HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 15 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by mrsp Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 am

Its funny how you tend to become very used to where you live,I was born in Somerset (Street, home of Clarks Village) so love the great countryside and smells lol .We only really go to Bath for shopping and my uni which is such a shame.Its a 20 min train ride (free of course)
Im sure there are scenic parts where you live but as with me you just get used to them lol
Oh and we live 5 miles from Westbury (home of the famous White Horse ) my husband works from Westbury as a train driver.
There is also Stone Henge 15 miles away - we tend to avoid that at all costs as its always sooooo busy !
The nearest coast is 40 mins away so we are very lucky .
Not so lucky is the accent that goes with being a somerset yokel -often the brunt of many jokes !!
I love to visit other parts of the country too,we love Devon ,Dorset and Wales is a family favourite -think we tend to migrate to quiet places lol
Where abouts in south London are you ?
My daughter is going to London for a uni interview next month ?
Talking of my daughter its her 20th birthday today and she has an interview for Falmouth uni on Friday so we are both going by train (4plus hrs) down on Thursday pm to stay in a b& b as she needs to get there for 8.30 am fri .Im looking forward to spending time with her as she deserves to succeed ,she works so hard and is so good at Photography/art .She is applying for fashion photography hons .
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 pm

mrsp - I'm in Greenwich, which certainly does have its lovely parts - the river, Greenwich Park, the Cutty Sark and all the beautiful old buildings - the naval college, maritime musuem and the observatory. I'm sure you saw lots of them on telly during the Olympics, and Greenwich looked amazing in the 'Les Mis' film (which I also absolutely loved and cried buckets).
Happy birthday to Ellen, hope you are feeling better and celebrating with her. I've had a good day - on a level 5 plus english course (for the Year 6s we hope will get there) - it was a really useful course, lots of practical stuff to use in the classroom - plus it didn't start till 9.30 and finished at 3, so it felt like a half day!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 pm

It's been another one of those days. I'm covering just an hour here and there. so my days recently have been along the lines of year 6 till break. Year 3 till their lunch time. Then 3/4 hour in 4. My head is spinning and I have to keep checking my diary cos I keep forgetting where I'm supposed to be lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Poor you Caffeine, that used to be my life, hated it...had to be so organised, much better at the moment as most of time is spent in year 6! With the odd half day into year 5 for curriculum cover !

Good Luck to Ellen for Friday linda ! Although as she is so brilliantly would be daft not too take her. Hope she has had a great birthday!

Love the area where you live Grace ..used to go there with my dad a lot when he cameo visit!, sounds like an ingesting course you were on ..any new ideas to share?
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm

lovely day today my year 2's were so engrossed in making dreidles and stars that not one of them realised that we thad missed 10 minutes of break time! It was only when one of next doors class shouted from outside oooh Miss C's class have been naughty they aren't coming out that anyone realised!!. I shooed them all out and tbh they weren't that keen to go! love my life even if it is chaotic!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:28 pm

caffeine - glad you had such a good day! I don't know how you do it, changing year groups all the time - I don't think I could keep up!

hufflepup - We have already started using one of the ideas they gave us; our year 6s are going to write suspense stories loosely based on 'The Landlady' by Roald Dahl. I didn't know this story (I'm not a great Roald Dahl fan) but it's very good and the kids have really taken to it; I hope it will be a great stimulus for writing. We've spent the last couple of days reading it and creating our 'what makes a good suspense story' checklist; they'll plan their stories tomorrow.

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Awww bless them Helen, love it when time flies and before you know it the whole session has passed and the kids have enjoyed themselves. That bit I do miss.

Not a good two days at work as we have had a major power out and have had to turn learners away for the past two days.
Staff though ave soldiered on and we have gotten lots done, although in our coats and scarfs ha ha ha. Typing with your thick gloves on just doesn't work and then the laptop runs out of power and forced to use pen and paper What a Face How did we cope before word, internet and a printer?
Thankfully late this afternoon service was resumed and we all warmed up. I had my eyebrows dyed and plucked, an advantage of working in a training centre that does beauty lol
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 pm

What a busy 2 days weve had ! Yesterday Ellen (my 20yr old daughter) and I went to Falmouth for her uni interview today.
We had 3 trains (4hrs) to get there,along with 2 mahoosive art folders,
We made friends with another student and his mother for the last part of our journey and found we were staying in neighbouring hotels.
We exchanged phone numbers and by the time we made it to our hotels it was 6pm so we were tired and hungry.Our hotel was ok,nothing grand but it was clean and we had a big room with a double and a single.We decided to eat in the hotel as it was quite a way from everything,the dining room was big full of laid table but we were the only people eating !!!The food was good and hot so we were happy.
This morning we had an early start as the uni interview day started at 8.30 am .
We met up with our new friends and walked to uni,listened to a talk and left the students to it while we explored Falmouth for the day .
Ellen texted me to say they were being interviewed in groups,and she was worried after seeing the competition .
My new friend turned out to be a head teacher of a primary school -see im just drawn to education !!

The interviews finished really late and so we missed our first train,but managed to get a taxi to the next station and continued
The journey.
Our second train ride was 3 hrs but there wasnt any food or drink to buy anywhere!!
We got home at 9pm
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:45 am

wow a long day Linda and does your new friend have her school near you? Could be good for future jobs.
Gracie Firday was even better year 6 for the first hour maths, straight into reception to do their maths! not too much difference in ability. The afternoon was year 3 and I'd planned for them to start a group enquiry into anything they wished to find out about Islam. They needed some help to plan how they were going to find out about their subject but once they got the bit between their teeth they did o.kish!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Had a relaxed day after yesterday !
Im all packed and ready for a few days of peace and quiet by the sea.Its a working break in Swansea staying in my inlaws sea front appartment .
I will of course travel by train (2 .5 hrs ) should be quiet on Sunday .
I love the apartment as its very posh and has a sea view plus its only mins from the shops/cinema/restaurants /harbour etc .
Im determind to get as much writing done as pos cos I have masses to do so my suitcase has hardley any clothes but loads of books !!
There is no internet there so only have my mobile (feel free to text !!)
I will be eating out at lunchtime as there are some great restaurants there but will shop for evening so I dont need to go out in the dark .
I am very lucky as I get it for nothing and of course free train travel so only food to pay for .
I HAVE to be back on Thursday as my essay hand in is Friday 12noon .
I do intend to have a cut off time of 6pm as I have a book to read for my childrens lit module -Skellig ?? anyone read this ?
Hope everyone has a good week xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:57 am

I remember reading Skellig ages ago, though couldn't tell you what it was about lol. Have anice break away from distractions Linda it will do you good and having no internet means no procrastination either.

The snow that was forecast hasn't come thankfully and it is very damp outside instead. Hopefully it won't come later either.
I am making my sisters birthday present today, a cushion cover with the word sister on. I hope she likes it Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 am

I also read Skellig ages ago we had it as a class book, trouble was I kept missing bits as I was often doing displays when it was read!!!! Have a great time
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:27 am

mrsp - haven't read Skellig, but have heard lots about it - all good. We've done 'The Other Side of Truth' with Y6 this year, it's powerful stuff and we got lots out of it. Just started 'Holes' which always works well, and I'm now reading 'The London Eye Mystery' before starting it with my book club - it's new and really good. Anyone who works with ASD children will so identify with lots of it. Have a good week in Swansea and hope you get through the work - have some time for yourself as well x
lms - I'm sure you sister will love the cushion cover, I know mine would! I'm very envious of your talents - something like that would take me forever to do, and it would look like one of the kids had made it when I'd finished!
Hope everyone is keeping snug and warm on the grey, damp weekend x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:00 pm

More snow last night - just a dusting, and nearly all gone through the day. Very chilly!!!! Absolute classic in Y6 RE lesson today ....... we're doing Christianity. Did you know that Jesus died at a Carvery?

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 pm

pmsl bless 'em!

Lots of snow here today around four inches my way and the world stopped. Makes me so annoyed that we get some of the white stuff an everyone panics!

I had my first appraisal at work and it went really well, took just over an hour! Came out smiling and very pleased with myself. I am now on four days permanently. Boss was very appreciative of my work and skills, so nice to have nice things said about your work instead of the negative I got before at my old job.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 pm

how lovely for you Cindy.
Wonder if he ate beforehand!!!! lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Wow ! Well done Cindy! That is Brilliant news! What a difference from last year, and the hassle you were getting xxxxxx
Lol at the comment in RE Grace
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Another busy day and it is only lunchtime. Spent this morning doing listening and sloeaking observations. It is going to take me hours to write them up. Thankfully I videoed them so I don't forget points.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:53 pm

lms - glad your appraisal went well, it must be a really good feeling, especially after such a difficult year. Well done x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Hello ! Have had a wonderfully peaceful 4 days in Swansea staying in my sister in laws apartment overlooking the sea.
I was desperate for some study time and couldnt wait to get there as its perfect !
I spent hours studying and writing but I also made sure I went out for lunch each day.Then i would walk to the supermarket for exerciseand to buy something to eat in the evening before walking back to continue my studies.
I dont mind my own company and the apartment has everything i need .
I managed to read the book Skellig which was brilliant .
I managed to get wet every day as the weather wasnt good but perfect for study.
Last night I could hear the waves crashing from my bed !
Today(,my last day ) I woke up to blue sky and sunshine so just had to go for a stroll on the sand - I think i must have been a mermaid in a past life as I love being by the sea and am always sad to walk away .
I finshed my maths essay and had a half decent mark for my teaching and professional essay (64) best yet !
Have to submit my maths essay tomorrow which means driving 24 miles just to hand it in ! not confident with this one as the tutor is a very harsh marker .
We have to keep a reflexive journal and have to analyse 1 aspect --he wants `really deep analysis`
Ellen didnt get into Falmouth uni -weve blamed her college tutor who told ellen what she should put in her portfolio and it wasnt what they wanted ! she has an interview in London this coming Thursday -so guess where Im going on Thursday ??!!!! (free train ride !)
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 pm

mrsp - glad you've had a good week, and that's a good essay mark. Sorry Ellen didn't get an offer from Falmouth - where's the London interview next week?

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Ditto Gracie - 64 is a great mark. Glad you have had a lovely time.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi Ladies ! Ellens interview is at UCA Epsom its a BA hons degree in Fashion Promotion and imaging .
we can still get there by train but it wont involve an overnight stay as Its only 2 hrs travelling and the interview is 1.30 - 3.30pm unlike Falmouth which was 4hrs travelling and an all day interview !

This will be her 2nd interview of 5,she still has Southampton next weekend /Bournemouth the week after and London college of Fashion not sure when ?
She is determind that the next uni interview day will be better because she is not going to listen to her tutor regarding what she should include in her portfolio as it was NOT what Falmouth wanted.Instead Ellen will include her favourite pieces that interest her as she has to do a 5 min presentation at the interview . She is over her boyfriends house this weekend as he is oober arty and helping her with a fashion shoot .
I will be going with her again,only becasue its a Thursday and now ive finished my placement im free.I will take my work to keep me busy.
I submitted my maths essay today,Im not expecting a good mark as the tutor is a hard marker and very critical. I dont get that moment of relief anymore when ive finished each essay because its straight on to the next one.I need to get on with my 9000 words for my dissertation asap or im toast !!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend xxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:13 am

That all sounds like the best choices to include for an interview. I'm definitely not artistic in that way, but it's always easier to do a good presentation about something you feel passionate about - she should choose what she feels are her very best pieces.
Assuming Epsom uni is at Epsom, it's a nice area - although I don't know anything about the uni. Have known people who have been to both Bournemouth and Southampton and speak very highly of them (my daughter had an interview at Southampton - we both liked it, but the course wasn't right). And I'm sure the London College of Fashion would be WOW! Fingers crossed and wish Ellen luck .............. and good luck for the maths essay x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 am

Oh thankyou Gracie !
Im not confident with the maths essay , my essay structure is awful anyway then I have to be analitical as well as using the proper academic language = no chance !! as long as I pass Im happy but I can see this being another fail tbh.
The Epsom Uni is at Epsom,I will stay and do my work (most unis have a cafe area ) as its only 1.30 - 3.30 better than all day anayway .
Oh well Id better get on as I have a very hungry cat who needs feeding ! have a good weekend xx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum