HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 16 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 16 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:13 am

Linda a very good mark hun xx

Everyone looking forward to this week off? Enjoy the break and I hope the weather stays good for you all x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 am

I forgot you all have different holidays from our somerset schools ! we were all off last week so its back to normal this week !
I have an english assessment tomorrow that im dreading -have to write an essay about relationships in the Rabbit Proof Fence story .Its a handwritten essay of 2000 words .Have you seen my handwriting ??!!!
Plus Im not a fan of the story so cant really engage with it and my dire writing skills will show big time on this.As long as I pass =(c grade ) i will be happy .
Cindy - I expect you will be working this week ?
Have a good week everyone xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:22 am

can you type it first and send it to me for checking although I don't know the story! I would hate to do a handwritten essay I'd start off ok but 2000 words I'd have severe cramp and how do you know when you have done 2000? do you have to keep stopping to count?
Hull schools were off last week as well (and a few more) it takes me ages to convince my mother in law that we have different holidays lol!
I will be spending the entire time studying with occasional forays to get car mot'd, garden and garage tidied, oh and I'm going to treat myself to a haircut!
I haven't brought any files home so can't do any planning and I'm not going in to get them!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Sorry Helen cant type it out first as we have to go by the 100 word only plan done week before last.
Not allowed any other notes
2000 words is roughly 4 A4 sides so not too bad.
We have 3 hrs to write it .
Really want tomorrow overwith as I have so much dissertation to do Ive a feeling im going to be on nights as well !
Have a good week xx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Aww that is a lot of words Linda of something that isn't interesting you big hugs
and yes Helen I am working Sad Though I have my holidays booked for first week in June (congress at plymouth) and last week in August booked Very Happy
I will be taking a day here and there as well.

Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mumofnhc Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 pm

I'd like to say Thank You for all the HLTA assessor questions that have been posted on this site. On my last prep day we were given a list of questions and advised to try and write 2 different answers to each question. After chatting with other HLTA's at work they said not to bother with them and to look at your list instead as I would be more likely to be asked these instead of the ones I was given.
I have my assessor coming in tomorrow morning and have used your questions instead.

mumofnhc

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Good luck for tomorrow and please come back and let us know how it went because its a great help to others xx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 am

mumofnhc - good luck today, will be thinking of you x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mumofnhc Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm hoping it went went well but I'm not sure as he ran out of questioning time and still had questions to ask so I'm really not sure. I'll add the questions I was asked to correct thread.

mumofnhc

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Well done mum of nhc !! bet you are feeling so relieved its over !!!
I managed to write my english essay this evening - on relationships in the Rabbit proof fence.So glad its over with .
Now looking at the next one -producing creative texts (newspaper article)600 words
Creative writing -biographical piece 600 words
Both of these are due to be submitted the week of my dissertation so as you can imagine im not impressed ! But my lovely english tutor has delayed mine until the week after bless her .
Im missing uni tomorrow as i have a hospital eye appointment -nothing drastic,just an annual check up but it means I cant drive as it involves eye drops that dilate the pupils,so my lovely dad is driving me there .
Hope those of you on hols are having a restful week ? xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:29 am

Well done mumofnhc - time to chill today! Im sure you have done OK - he was just being super-thorough with all his questioning!
mrsp - another one finished, you are doing an amazing job! Who is the biographical piece going to be about?
Have just looked at the assessor questions thread ............... assessment certainly hasn't got any easier! Maybe it's because I had mine several years ago now and it's all blurred into the mists of time, but I wouldn't care to be called on to answer lots of those questions today!!!!! I know I could if I had time to think about it, but it's the 'tell me this now' that would cause me to go into meltdown ........... I guess you just have to remember that the assessor is on your side and wants you to succeed.
Am enjoying the week off, catching up with boring jobs at home (a bit of sun really shows up all the dust!). It's so nice not to have to get up at 6 - although I am going in to school tomorrow, you can catch up with lots on a day without the kids. Hope everyone is having a good week x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:05 pm

hope the eye app went well. I've spent the week trying to get my assignment written. The week is half gone so I'm applying myself now. Just taken James to the Barbers and seen one of the teachers from my school there. Didn't know he lived near me!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Oh thats a shock when you find out there is a teacher in the neighbourhood lol

My appointment was ok but very long - spent ages waiting around and when i enquired when i would be going in the discovered they`d lost me in the system !!
Anyway being sent to a neurologist rather than the eye people (re layer of fluid around the brain ) for a further MRI just to check its no worse.
Off to SW this eve really hoping I get my target but you never know so fingers crossed!
Off to Epsom with Ellen tomorrow for her 2nd uni interview -only 2 trains this time lol
xxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Hows everyones week been then ?
I know most schools have had their hols this week (apart from us country folk who have to be different of course!)
Ive been busy travelling with Ellen to Epsom for her uni interview,and frantically trying to get on with my dissertation = yuk !
Oh yes and I put on at SW this week - so not funny as Ive been sooooo good Embarassed
Hope everyone has a great weekend xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 am

Busy week for me to, no school holidays either for me Sad
Work is frantic at the minute so many changes and developments. The centre is really growing in fact it is out growing the building lol Very Happy
Just decided to snow up here but very light and hopefully it will not stay, fingers crossed.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 am

College last night for gcse english- managed to get a B for my last assessment essay pleased with that ! 2 pieces coming up, an essay based on a poem and a newspaper style report on a programme of my choice .(all before my dissertation!!!)
Mega manic at the moment trying to get to the end of my dissertation in time.We have to leave time to get it printed and bound in the copy shop (3 times )
All this going on and other submissions due in as well = why on earth did I agree to this ?? Shocked
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:53 pm

deep breaths Linda they will all be finiished in the end!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Breathe,!!! And .... Loving the essay based on a poem! And programme idea , mind you it is still an awful lot of work ..but you can do it xxxxxxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks ladies !
just starting to sag under all the deadlines I think -so much still to do for uni (8 more submissions) college 2 small pieces and the big exam all before end of May (wont have time to celebrate my birthday so may pospone it until June !)
And Im off to another uni interview with Ellen on Saturday to Southampton,much nearer for us (1hr train)
Dont mean to sound so grim but its all a bit `full on` now and Im not good at multi tasking at my age Wink
I have an obeservation at a local primary school tomorrow a.m then drive 12 miles to uni for maths lecture at 12 ,teaching and professionalismat 2pm and a maths seminar finishing at 7pm. Then its jump in the car and drive 12 miles back to slimming world in time to weigh (wednesdays are not my quiet days !)
Thursday its back to dissertation writing now my placements finished,although Im meeting a friend for lunch who Ive just rediscovered through facebook Very Happy after 5ys !
So providing I get a shift on with my writing (im on 6500 at the moment so nearly there !) I may be able to breathe in 2 wks time Rolling Eyes
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:27 pm

mrsp - you sound mega-busy at the moment, hope the rest of the week has gone well. Hope everyone else is OK. I am so fed up with this freezing weather; I've spent two hours this afternoon standing on the sidelines watching year 6 have tennis coaching. I thought tennis was a summer sport! I was SO cold, I looked as if I was already wearing a red nose for Comic Relief! Kids didn't seem at all bothered by icy blasts, and they were wearing PE kit (me with my thermals!).
Secondary school places came out today; about three quarters of ours got their first choice, but I think those that didn't will be OK with their offers.
Meeting girlfriends for lunch tomorrow, which will be lovely, then grandaughter's birthday party on Sunday afternoon. Hope everyone has a good weekend x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm

oh Gracie we have lovely sunny weather at the moment yesterday I did two break duties and in the afternoon I took my sunglasses out. We were sat on seats beacuse it was too hot for the littlies to run around!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:30 am

Yesterday was beautiful weather, almost reminded me of spring! lol
Linda make sure you get plenty of sleep and eat well honey. All that pressure can creep up on you chick.

I love Sundays as they are officially my lazy day. Going to potter about, no planning to do as I managed to get it done at work!
The next week will see me getting ready to have my foundation learners back into functional skills What a Face Though I must say I have missed them lots and this time they will have the choice if they want to complete and if not will not be in my class. I have set aside a spot where it will be just them and none of my 'older' learners and hopefully can gear sessions just to meet them.
Work is pretty full on and am really enjoying it. I will be starting my internal verifyer (sp?) award soon through work so will add another feather to my cap.
Hope you all have had a good weekend Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Hello !
Cindy Id love to have a lazy Sunday -just once !
SO pleased you are enjoying work Cindy xx
Im going great guns on my dissertation now -I have 2wks left before submission day but Im hoping to get it finished this week to give me time for proof reading/editing etc etc plus we have to get 3 copies printed and bound .
Im prioritising this week so wont be going in to uni just for 1 hr lecture tomorrow !!
I also need to get the dissertation sorted as I have 2 more essays to write and hand in during April !!
Not sure I will reach my SW target this week = far too stressy !!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:43 am

You can do it Linda! You have traveled so far in your study journey chick. Don't worry about SW you can get back on that wagon after this week is clear sending you big hugs x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Well I am up to 7500 words and still need to write my abstract findings, analysis of findings and conclusion so may even have to cut some out !!!
Have spent the whole day sat at the laptop but at least its nearly there .
Have also written my draft newspaper critic report on Miranda -such fun !
I really enjoyed it and had it finished in 15 mins !!

Uni tomorrow just for 2 hrs then home again to get on with my writing.
Hope everyone has had a good day today - wasnt the weather lovely !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum