HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 10 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by mrsp Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh no Helen ! you need steam !! kettle etc !! think of chesty kids sat in the bathroom as i was filling the bath -works well !

Cough medicine is rubbish ! so are lemsips !! y take honey for your throat and keep bowing your nose (the nasal drip irritates your throat and mucus sits on your chest causing the cough !)
My nan used to make up (it sounds revolting !) honey,lemon and half an onion .she put it all into a container over night then sipped it by the teaspoon full .
Those chemists must be making a packet !! Mad
Ive actually finished the first of my 2 essays due next week,(childhood reading & lit) so now its on to the dyslexia one !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 am

I've had steam by the kettle ful, vicks vapour rub and honey and lemon by the bucketful. havent taken lemsips for years. Much better today can breathe while sitting (walking and breathing is another matter) just in alot of pain from the coughing. I'm hoping to practise walking arounde and talking this afternoon prior to me going back to work tomorrow
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Glad you're feeling a bit better today, but you don't sound well enough to be thinking about going back to work tomorrow! Take one more day to make sure you really are over the worst, otherwise it might hang on for longer (I sound like someone's mum)! Take care x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm

well I went in. The head and d.h. were VERY pleased to see me and the kids were angels. They were all very careful of me, listening so quietly, I had my 'teachers' who I tell what we are doing and they repeat it to the whole class. It was only towards the end of the afternoon that I felt I couldnt make it but luckily today we closed early for our christmas fair and I wasnt running a stall but looking after those children whose parents had forgotten about the early closing (only 9 this time a record) so my voice got a bit of a rest
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:54 am

Oh Helen I really hope you will be feeling better soon xx
I had my school day yesterday which i think is what keeps me sane at the moment away from the mahoosive workload for uni as I cant do any while there !
Im now frantially trying to finish 2 essays due in next week,they are only 2000 words each but its not the word count but the content that gets the marks !!! really cant do 2 at the same time and getting the standard required for the 3rd year -its still 40% pass mark but I will not get the degree if my marks dont make the 60% s (thats almost out of sight for me)
So Im not too hopeful at this stage .
Our tutors are all very good etc but the all have extremly high standards where writing is concerned Embarassed
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:39 pm

wish I could help Linda but I'm far behind myself and thinking of giving up myself tis prob cos I'm felling weak but I dont know
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 am

Oh Helen look after yourself hun x I have been sorting through all my resources and have a boat load of RE stuff you can have so we need to meet for coffee at some point when you are better Very Happy
My nan used the same remedy Linda and I still do when it gets bad minus the honey Very Happy

It has been manic at work and I have been so tired when I get home. I had a fab weekend away though at my sisters and it was brilliant to catch up.

I am now focussing on getting chrimbo presents as I haven't started yet...mad rush lol
Very windy here hope everyone is wrapping up
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi there !
I had a lovely evening out with my oh his flying pals and partners last night.
I was `duty driver` so stayed on slimline tonic all night but had a good indian meal . We went back to a friends house after and got home at 3a.m
(mind you it was nearly 1 hrs drive )
Anyway Im back in my usual position =sat at the table with my laptop working my way through 2 essays lol have finished 1 (bar the checks etc) and am up to 1800 on the other so not too bad now (they are defo NOT quality ) have to be in by the 13th and im skiving off tomorrow as its only a lecture for 1 hr,I just feel it wastes my time driving 24 miles for 1 hr when i can be doing my essay here plus I can get the notes off the website !
My oh is busy outside making our holly wreath for our front door he does it every year and its so professional looking people often ask where we bought it ! he went off this morning and came back with 2 bags of holly (no berries though !!)
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:38 pm

berries seem to be hard to find this year.
I went out this mornng to buy Lucozade and a tonic. Need to get my get up and go back. Just need to stop coughing now and get my apetite back and all will be well.
Cindy hope your weekend was a relaxing one.
I'm still struggling to understand anything I'm reading and writing but will get there sometime
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Oh gosh Helen I really hope you feel better soon !!
Sending hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:29 pm

God and I thought I had the lurgy bad! I got off quite lightly compared to some! 5 days of being full of snot and generally feeling rubbish and then miraculously i'm all better now. Even got through the day today without any cough mixture, decongestant or paracetamol! I was like woo hoo! I hope those feeling poorly feel better soon. x x x

I spent over 2 hours wrapping all the christmas presents i'm sending out this afternoon! Now i feel sorry for santa's elves having to do that for hours and hours! So glad it's all done and sorted.

Got a manic week ahead with christmas carol concert in shopping centre weds and christmas play on thurs and fri. The christmas play is awful! I really hope it will be alright on the night because at the moment it's really really bad! Also got my work xmas do fri night when we are going out for dinner. Quite nervous about that but i'll go have a good time and then leave early before the little pockets of people start developing and they all start talking and bitching about each other!

Hope everyone else has a great week and i'll try to drop by and say hi more often! x x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:33 pm

feeling much better today only took me an hour to get dressed this morning and didnt cough too much at school. Managed a full day teaching with only the last hour hard work. so the road to recovery is here to stay.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Glad you are feeling better helen! Good to hear you are on the mend!

I have had the most awful day. My nemesis aka the evil class teacher from last year dropped me with locating costumes for the christmas production THE DAY BEFORE THE DRESS REHERSAL! As you can imagine i was not impressed at all seeing as i've been asking for weeks to get it sorted and she refused to let me sort it.

The christmas play is appaulling. To be honest it's totally embarassing. Again the evil one is supposed to be leading it but she doesn't really care if it goes badly or goes wrong and because of that the kids don't care one bit. Our year 2's which are the stars of our show are behaving really badly. I wish i was nearer the front so i can take over policing them. The year one's bless em are sitting nicely and singing nicely. Our horrible lot are really embarassing themselves. I really hope tomorrows dress rehersal gives them the shock they need to get moving.

I have finally finished my christmas shopping. Got to pick a voucher up but apart from that it's all wrapped and ready to go. so so relieved! Now comes the part of stressing about did that particular person like their gift or did they think cheap skate?!

Right off out to spend a couple of hours in a cold barn for the last agility club session of the year with the dog. Hoping i can relax and enjoy it this time. If my dog jumps it's even better rather than cocking a deaf'un and going off somewhere else sniffing!

Hope everyone else is all good. x x x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 pm

so when 'the evil one' gets shown up in front of the parents it will be her neck on the line. We had our first rehearsal today We do a songs and sketches thingy whole school and it went quite well 2 more rehearsals befor next week's 3 performances hoefully they'll get betterer and betterer
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Blimey Tracey you are organised,I on the other had havent even started yet !
I have to get my essays out of the way before I can even think about christmas but having said that my oh has bought and ordered presents for his family so its just me sorting mine which isnt many .I do have a new great nephew (Joseph) to buy for but Im looking forward to that !
As a family we dont buy mahoosive presents for each other and prefer token style presents.
I found out tonight that I passed my 2 x 45 min english exams so thats good.We are now practicing for our individual presentations on `The Power of Advertising`Im focussing on the percieved ideal of an advert and the actual reality (childrens TV) toys that look fab on the advert but do not do what they promise . Its only a 10min thing and we can use P.P so im really looking forward to it !
I was a rebel today !! I should have driven 12 miles into uni for a 1 hr lecture then 12 miles home BUT i felt I needed to use the time to finish the 2 essays due in this week =more important as I can get the lecture notes from the uni website !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:38 am

well done Linda!!
Very organised Tracey and as Helen says not your fault it is a flop!

I started chrimbo shopping yesterday and got jammys and sock etc very all my little ones. I get them new every year and on birthdays as well along side 'proper' presents lol Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Well done linda! Knew you'd do well with your exams!

I'm not one for being overly organised! Don't know what's come over me! I must be having a funny turn! Very Happy

The dress rehearsal went ok. Just my part was a bit mucked up! The kids on the other side of the stage couldn't hear the music so were singing too fast! Will try to move it to the centre but at the back of the hall and see if it works better there. To be fair though it gave them the scare they needed and they pulled the performance out of the bag! Also my nagging with my parent's paid off and all of mine bar 2 had costumes.... The evil one didn't bother hassling her parents and therefore the majority of her class didn't have costumes.

The afternoons have been fun especially with the christmas music in the class. Working along with last christmas and all i want for christmas in the background. The kids think that everyone singing is justin beiber! We made clay christmas tree decorations yesterday and this afternoon we made calendars. To be fair i thought the calendars looked a bit baby ish for year 2's. Just a hand print. Maybe we can jazz it up with a bit of glitter when they all dry! Lol i said to them put your name and age at the top or the bottom of the square. One of them put his name and got so excited about writing with a gold pen that he put I am 6 in 1/2! lol I was like i can't let him take that home it looks like it says his name and I am 6 and a half inches!

I had another moment today when i made everyone else laugh and then realised what i said and cracked up myself! One of my silly boys was mucking about and touching the props for the play! I think i ended up shouting out his name and then "will you take your hand out of the frankincence and sit down?!" Everyone cracked up and then i realised what i said and also fell about laughing. The kids were like what are they on?!? Everyone said it was because i sounded so serious when i said it it just made them laugh!

Tomorrow is a manic one with singing with our school singing club in the shopping centre. Thankfully it's inside and not outside as it's freezing! I'm not singing you'll be pleased to hear and i'm sure everyone else is relieved about that as well... i'm there as cd player person and first aid! At least i get the morning out of class though!

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Blimey Tracey it does sound manic ! but im sure it wouldnt be the same if it were quiet .
I had uni today so it was a very cold start de frosting my car at 7am this morning -thank heaven for heated windscreens !
My seminar group should consist of 21 people but today there were just 5 of us sat round 1 table as most had handed in their assignments and gone back home (lots live all over the country)
I spent the afternoon at home in peace on the laptop finishing one of the 2 assignments due this week.They are both small wordcounts but very involved so managed to finish one completly and print it off ready to hand in tomorrow .The other (dyslexia one ) im handing in on Friday morning so I have time to do final checks and add headers/footers etc oh and check refs .
I have a meeting with my dissertation tutor tomorrow as well for my proposal feedback (not looking forward to that as I only got 50%)
But mustnt dwell on it as I have loads to do over the christmas hols! will give myself christmas and boxing day off and thats about it or I wont get the work done !
I finish this Friday which is good so then i can start my shopping !!!
Hope everyone stays warm xxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 am

lol Tracey I would have laughed too! Kids always pull it out of the bag don't they? Very Happy

Oh Linda you are a busy lady but it all will be worth it.

I don't finish work till next week so will be finishing off (starting properly) my Christmas shopping on the 22nd. Eeek! What a Face
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Woo hoo! The forum finally works on my iPad. I can now post from the iPad! Smile

My day was ok. The kids singing did really well today. Lots of people there supporting us as well which was really good. I don't know why but any performance I'm assisting I get incredibly nervous! Because of that I end up totally drained at the end of the day. I have Christmas play performances tomorrow and fri so I know for a fact I'm going to feel very tired.

I got fed up with using the Dewey decimal system in the library! I can't seem to make it work in our library. It just doesn't make sense or flow properly. I have decided to colour code my reference books according to subject. I will make all my science type books green, history yellow, geography blue etc etc. I will also label the shelves with colours so the children know when they pick up a yellow book it needs to go back on a yellow shelf. It's more work in the sense of cataloging where it is on the computer system but I think it might work better and then the library monitors can keep it tidy for me.

Tomorrow is our well being staff meeting. To be honest I'm kind of dreading it. It seems to be since they've invested in this thing the sniping at each other and arguing has got a lot worse. Can just see another row on the horizon. Hope it doesn't though! Hope everyone else is gd. I'm off to chill for a bit with my book and then have an early night I think. Stay warm everyone!

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Everyone sounds really busy and the days are speeding by! We had our staff Christmas 'do' last Friday - definitely the best for many a year. No-one moaned about the food, disco, cost or anything, and that's a first! All very jolly and good spirits. Back to reality this week though, with Foundation and Key stage 1 arguing over who's got all the angel costumes, everyone's tired and too many deadlines to meet before we break up. Never mind, we have a pantomime for the whole school tomorrow, so that's one morning less to plan for!
Hope everyone keeps warm and stays well x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 pm

I went into uni today and submitted both of my essays (phew) so glad to get shot of them !
I also had a meeting with my dissertation tutor who was very enthusiastic about my proposal so there may be hope after all !
I went to SW this evening and lost another 3lb !! so far ive lost 1stone 5lb so am feeling pretty chuffed at the moment.
Its the Slimming World Ball on Friday where I get to wear my fab red ball gown again (after some alterations ) There will be a photographer there and we have a sit down meal.There will also be a Christmas raffle and an auction .Its all going to The Make A Wish Foundation and on ticket sales alone so far we have raised £600
Im going on my own as my oh is working but others are on their own too so we have teamed up .
Im also Driving (so I cant drink) totally my choice Im not a big drinker and can easily have great fun without any of the after effects .
I finish uni on Friday until Jan so have loads of books for christmas reading !
xxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:28 pm

It's so lovely to hear such a positive post Lindy Lou ....really cheered me up ! Congratulations on the continued weight loss, the uni work will be brilliant I am sure! Have fun at the ball... You will of course be its Belle !! Xxxxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks Liz ! Im feeling ok with everything at the moment so just hope it lasts !
Had a fab day at my placement school,am loving it all ! the yr1/2 class is my perfect age range and the teacher is so supportive .I ran my data maths session today which was brilliant (having had loads of planning opportunities at my last school made this very easy!) so now have loads of stuff to write about .
The school were doing their christmas play to The Mayor etc and I was given a seat to watch as well but ended up in a corridor holding a sick bucket for a pupil (same old same old lol)
The staff are all so friendly and i will be sad when i leave (3 weeks after christmas) I finish uni tomorrow but am going into the school next Monday to do an observation,(im such a keener!)
Cant wait until tomorrow evening now,just want to get back into my ballgown and im looking forward to seeing everyone elses ballgowns too !
Will take my camera but havent yet sussed putting pics on this site !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 am

Everyone is so busy! I so do not miss this time of year at school! Very Happy
No deadlines for me, no finding costumes to fit little Billy, no last minute alterations to timetable to fit in more rehearsal, just a nice easy wind down. Last day for learners today and next week it is all staff development and meetings, planning etc. Our staff do is Thursday evening and I am sure Friday at work will be a write off lol. Secret Santa organised by moi and everyone is excited.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum