HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 27 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by caffeine needed Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:42 pm

good lord Cindy what a ridiculous kerfuffle. She certainly did not go about things the right way. As for going back that is a hard one which I cannot answer hugs
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:53 pm

lms - I've never heard anything like it before ..... it's just awful! They certainly want their heads banging together - and some! I hope she is currently writing a formal apology ...................
But do you go back?? I know you are totally dedicated to your students and want to do it for them, and it's easy for us to say 'rise above it and be the bigger person', but I don't know what I would do. Good luck with the decision and lots of love x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks folks for your hugs and love.
I was paid my outstanding wages today which was good Very Happy
I did speak to her yesterday at the office as I had to go to collect my shoes (another story another time) and she was most apologetic for letting me think that I had been sacked. DBS have been wonderful and I told them I was suspended and they have given the police a kick up the bum and today when I checked online it is being processes whereas yesterday it wasn't started. I think come Monday it will be sorted.
I am in on Tuesday and as admin dependent on DBS of course. If not back to teaching!

On another note all my CV's have paid off. I got a call yesterday regarding 1-2-1 tutoring. I have an interview Monday. It will be in an evening, primary or secondary pupil, in their own home and a looked after child. Supporting the in either Maths or English. It runs for 12 weeks per child and is for Leeds City Council via a contract with the company I am going to see.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Oh brilliant news Cindy -you must have been so worried, and extremely angry no doubt !!!
Also great news with the 1-1 tutoring as well -you so deserve some good luck xx
Ive been into Bristol today to sign up for another agency (that's 2 now) and this one sounds more hopeful for some maternity cover .
So I have nothing this week and was getting frustrated =when I arrived home from Bristol I had a letter inviting me for an interview next Tuesday for the post of Assistant Nursery Leader (I applied ages ago and forgot about it ) the money is really good and Ive done this age group before years ago .Its a morning thing
So timings are as follows:
8.30 arrival and brief tour
900 onwards we have an opportunity to spend time in our nursery,observing children & staff ,after which we will be given a task relating to Change Management (think this may trip me up _haven't a clue !)During this time we spend approx. 15 mins carrying out an activity with the children.we have to set up and lead an `irrestistable` activity for a group of 4 two yr olds .It can be inside or out .
10.30 am interviews will commence -before and after interviews candidates can spend time with nursery staff.
The interview process will finish by 1pm

Any ideas then ladies ? not food as I don't know if there are any allergies etc
I was thinking of painting or bringing in leaves to make pictures or a feeling bag activity ........................................... its short notice so glad I have the weekend !! any good websites I love `teaching ideas`xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm

music? bowls and spoons of different materials. or painting with bubble mixture or anything to do with water!!!!!
change management this any good
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
if it doesnt show up it's nfer

caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Oh lovely Helen thankyou !!! will take a look.
Im in Ellens bed ! well Im a snot monster at the moment so prefer my own bed so I don't disturb anyon (well mr p actually though its quite acceptable for him to snore all night and keep me awake !!!) oh so harsh Very Happy 
Its very quiet in our house now as Jacks staying over his friends house and of course Ellens not here -takes a bit of getting used to .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm

it will be quiet Linda but wont be long before Ellen is back for christmas seems ages away but it isnt. Sorry about your cold try honey and lemon add a bit of alcohol for fun!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:54 am

ohh good luck Linda
Have you seen this page on FB?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lots of activity ideas there x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:49 am

Seems ages since I've visited the forum. It feels like I never have a minute at the moment. My new module opened last week, Science GCSE weds, upcoming exam and they keep double booking me at work. It is not possible to teach two year groups at once when they are in different parts of the school and as soon as smt realise this the better! Folks decide Helen will cover but forget to check the diary and dont even consider asking me to do it and then wonder why I don't turn up!!! Add to that the usual family stuff and life is a little hectic. Hope everyone is well soon be half term
Ah well suppose I don't want to get bored with life
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 am

OMG! Helen look after yourself hun. You are so busy!!

I have had a lovely week at work, my learners were really pleased to see me Very Happy
I went into work Tuesday expecting to be admin to have a meeting with my boss who seems to have seen the error of her ways and asked me to go back to teaching and I quote 'to keep continuity for the learners'. PMSL! Why didn't that happen in the first place??? Oh and get this, my DBS still hasn't come through!! Madness!!
I think she has had lots of pressure from my learners though as they had all complained and 'kicked off'! They really did bat for my team and it is nice to know that I would have been missed by them. I got lots of hugs and glad you are backs from them. Staff also were happy to see me back.

In between all this I now have an agency that want my services as soon as it comes through and want me to do supply in Primary School as an 'instructor teacher'! They normally only take on pgce teaching staff but looked at my CV and called me in, had a chat and I am on their books.

As we say things happen for a reason and my journey is taking so right twists and turns
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 am

Oh gosh Helen yes please take care !!
Cindy - lets hope as you say your boss has `seen the error of her ways `!!!
Agency work is great -I have been doing it since July and love it as its never boring.This week coming Im back in my fav Special school for the whole week,I love it and have worked in every class so Im very useful to them !
I also love the money as I get £55 per day (paid weekly) and can claim £5 lunch money and mileage (pity Im only 5 mins away so walk -typical !)
The following week I will be doing supply for the nursery where I had my interview!so spending the week as a nursery assistant (not paid by agency so only min wage but beggars cant be choosers and I want to do it !.
Science is going well,managed As in both pieces of homework so far .Maths is good too even managed a C and 79% for my homework on Fractions !!!(only doing foundation so C is the highest mark possible .
Ellen seems to have settled in to uni life in Epsom , has made some good friends and loves her room and house mates .Jack is on his last year at College (he`s now 18) Time certainly flies when you reach 50 !
Hope everyone is ok,sending hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Sarah has been supplying since the beginning of this term the first two weeks were quiet since then she's been in work almost every day. One school in particular has a few issues with staff and have asked for her back.
She is there 4 days next week. I'm hoping she gets her own classroom soon though as she will be able to get into her nqt year.
I've had a 'quiet' weekend doing last minute revising for wednesday. Then I will wave goodbye to E212 with a cheerful heart. I almost feel like burning my books but will probably need to retake exam so best not:lol: Laughing 
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Glad everyone sounds ok - good luck tomorrow, caffeine.
Today has definitely been 'one of those days'. Like me, I'm sure you have had all kinds of things arriving at school in kids' book bags - from mum's credit card to week-old sarnies ............... but today beat everything. Year 3 had their book bags on their tables and had been told to get out their books and reading records and read quietly for a few minutes. There was a kerfuffle at one table, so the teacher spoke to them. "Miss, d'you know what C's got in his book bag" calls a voice. "His reading book, I hope" was the answer ..... "No" calls the voice again, "A BUDGIE" And he had!!!! The poor budgie had been removed from its cage and shoved into the book bag with all the usual rubbish. It was definitely the worse for wear!!! It somehow reminded me of a Monty Python sketch (for those of us old enough to remember them)! Our Premises Manager rescued it and we phoned mum who came up to collect it .............. but I'm not sure the poor thing is going to survive the experience!
Hope everyone's week is going well x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm

now that is a first I've heard of bring your pet to work day but not in such a manner - hopefully he is not going to be 'bereft of life'!!!

Which reminds me we have a new member of school a rabbit
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Blimey Gracie that's a new one on me !!! bet you all had a laugh afterwards though. Just think In ten years time youll be saying " remember when ... brought the budgie in their book bag" !!!
Im loving my supply work at the special school,each day is so different and I think that's what I like about it ..you never know what the students will be like .
You are totally supported within the classroom and each class has a max of 8 pupils with 1 teacher and 2 TAs -today I did Tia chi which is all part of the day !
At break times the deputy head is on playground duty with about 8 other staff and he was playing football with the post 16 group.Its almost impossible to tell who are the TAs and who are the Teachers at first because they all work so well as a team .Its such a happy place to work in and you never see any staff with anything other than a happy face .Working so closely with so many autistic students has really enabled me to appreciate how individual they are -each one is totally different and I find everyone fascinating and certainly not scary as I had originally thought (just through total ignorance !!) Im there for the rest of this week then its the nursery next week and hopefully back to the special school the week after (fingers crossed )Very Happy  Hope everyone is ok ? bet you are on mass count down to hols (sorry Cindy ! x) xxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:56 pm

mrsp - glad you are enjoying life at the special school. It's great (and somewhat rare) to hear of somewhere where you feel so supported in every area, it must be a fantastic working environment.
Sadly, the budgie is no more! I guess it was all just too much of a shock and it fell off its perch in the afternoon. We were all very sorry and I wouldn't want you to think that we're heartless .............. but we sure have laughed a lot! xx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Lol Gracie -its sad indeed but good that you can have a smile when ever you think of it.
Had a lovely day again at work and worked in the class with the 4 students 2 with behavioural issues (travellers) and 2 with Autism . The number may be small but they keep 3 adults very busy all day ! xx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:22 pm

pleased the week is over I am shattered those of you who live in the Leeds area Watch Look North on Monday my school is expected to be on
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Oooh famous then Helen !!

Im at the end of a full week of work in the special school and have loved every min of it ! I have 2 more weeks there which is great .
They have a vacancy there for an LSA 5 days a week and its £7.30 per hr so im applying seeing as Ive been doing the job anyway .
In addition I had a phone message left today from the nursery where I had a recent interview,they have a full time vacancy for a nursery assistant 37 hrs per week but less per hr and 8 till 6.30pm as opposed to 8.30 till 3.30 in school .Dilemma !!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:46 pm

oh very much a dilemma I would go for the special school Linda 8-6.30 seems way too much though when I think about it I do 8-5 and only get paid for 8.45-3.30!!!!!

I will not be famous as I am not going to be filmed no way hose lol
very busy week I didnt wake up til after 9 today when 7.30 is my usual wake up time
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:03 pm

mrsp, I would also go for the special school job - a place where you can honestly say you've 'loved every minute' of being there is definitely the right place! Also 8 - 6.30 is really long hours; I know most of us work until fiveish, sometimes even 6 - but that's not every night and it's not contracted hours, so not set in stone.
I know what you mean, caffeine - life is very full-on at school and it's a long half term. Plus, I have developed a streaming cold which hopefully is at its peak today and will be improving by Monday. Not the best way to spend the weekend! x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:23 am

and an eight week term doesnt help. I espect to be very busy that last week lots of teachers are struggling with sore throats and colds. They could probably struggle through to the end of this week but add another on to that and it's a step too far. Think all terms should be a maximum of seven weeks
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Thankyou ladies ! well after much thinking and loads of help from my fab 80 yr old dad yesterday Ive made my decision ;
The nursery is out of the equation as the pay is very poor and its leading away from where I want to be .
The special school is lovely but the money for a TA is not good (£7.20 per hr ) I wont be applying for the TA post there because I don't want a permanent role and feel a bit mean applying ,and I want to do GTP if at all possible as soon as I pass my Maths/ Science .
Ive decided to stick with agency work as she has offered me a long term maternity cover post in a school 5 miles away and I get £55 per day plus £5 lunch money and I can also claim for my fuel so working it all out I would be £2-3k better off a year on agency plus If I don't want to work I have the choice. So that's my decision really -I may have missed the school post she offered me initially but will hang on for another one .
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:59 am

PMSL laughing at the budgie Gracie! Oh dear and then when you said it fell of its perch in the afternoon rofl x

Helen I hope exams went well and you do not need to resit xx Fingers crossed Sarah does get a job and her own class.

Linda sounds like a lovely school to work in and I agree with Helen.. a very long day!

Nothing new here apart from my solicitor saying that I should hear something about getting an interim payment for my teeth in the next month or so. The nice dentist I went to see wrote a fabulous report and I am going with his advised treatment. Solicitor said that if they do not agree within three weeks then we will take them to court. So I may get teeth for Christmas!  santa 

Work is quite hectic at the minute and I am fitting in lots of observations of my learners doing CYPW around my normal teaching. So rushing around as usual lol

You all break up in two weeks don't you? Helen that Monday if you are not busy, meet at usual place and I will bring you the RE stuff finally Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:24 pm

that sounds lovely Cindy all seems to be well at my end but I am very tired and cant wait for the week off. Yesterday I was so tired I came home and cried. Just like a toddler who is over tired lol. Thankfully today has been quite an easy one so I have recovered somewhat. I am looking to get to bed early tonight to top up!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum