HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 28 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 28 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Awww Helen huge hugs honey xxx

I am now completing my Internal Verifier award and will also be able to IV Business Admin! Phew! We have had a member of staff leave and they were the IV for business admin and have left it in quite a mess. I am now making an IV file for it like my CYPW and hoping that if I go down the same route we can get direct claim status in a few months. Very Happy

It has been a bit odd today at work as our server has crashed and no internet..eeek1 Plus most of my learners have completed their functional skills so not many in for me today but gave me chance to complete some paper work. I also went out and did an observation on one of my learners. I love ickle kids!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh gosh Helen you be careful -!!! not long to go now !!
Im into my 2nd full weeks supply at the special school and still really enjoying it all.They have a fulltime TA post going at the moment and I was going to apply until I saw the hourly pay rate -£7.20 per hr is £2 an hr less than in my old job and Im really surprised because they do such a fab job all day everyday!. So Im staying with the agency and hoping for something long term as its better money and I need to be earning a decent wage  asap .
Wow Cindy -that seems to have gone by really quickly ! - brilliant ! xx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:04 pm

ok so I am finally losing my marbles
A yr 2 girl said to me today I can't wait for this afternoon.
Oh wow says me why what is happening?
you are teaching us she says - now this is all very lovely and sweet but I had totally forgotten and this is a timetabled afternoon and has been for the last two years. I had completely forgotten. Good job all planning and resourcing had been done weeks ago a quick bout of photocopying and all was well!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Aww Helen I can relate to that. I frequently forget what day I am on and whether I am teaching maths or english first lol

That is a very low wage for the type of job Linda I am not surprised you are not going for it. I am sure something will turn up for you xx

I have the EV in monday morning and all being well will come away with direct claim status for entry level maths as well! I am doing so well getting direct claim status so far and hopefully this will be another achievement for me Very Happy

Only one more week to go folks and you can all relax for a bit, think of me when I am still at work x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 pm

had a brilliant day today three different classes all amazing.
First I had year one (two classes together) we were writng opinions on parks they had two one nice one horrible and kid you not one child wrote
I like this park because it has a butiful blu long slide and the sun in reflecting (spelt correctly) thru the trees.
Then I do not like this park because the climing frame is broken and as grafiti on it.
oh my would have been proud of that from some of my year 6's lol
3 days left and I'm shattered
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:25 pm

caffeine, that's fantastic writing from a year 1 !!!!! As you say, some of our year 6s could only dream ......... especially about getting the spelling right!
So busy at school (I'm sure everyone else is too), no time breathe let alone have lunch or the occasional wee! Taking ten year 3 and 4s out for the day tomorrow, on some sort of orienteering day. Don't have much info about it - hope the weather is kind! Roll on Friday night! x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:50 pm

couldnt agree more Gracie. Hopefully tomorrow will go quickly
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Awww what lovely writing Helen!
I hope you didn't get too wet Gracie or blown away!
What a week at work I have had. Where to start...mmmm... not been paid, got a cheque two days after pay date, not received pay slip yet either!! Needless to say I have collected all my stuff (again) and said until it clears I will not be back.
Seriously going to leave at the first opportunity and she will not guilt trip me with 'think about the learners'. Sadly thinking about the learners does not pay the bills! As it is I will have bank charges due to direct debits not being honored next week as the cheque will not clear until Thursday! eek!
On the good side I get half term off with you lot! pmsl x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:29 pm

We had a good day orienteering yesterday, despite ups and downs. Weather was gorgeous; it was lovely to be outside in the autumn sunshine all day. Unfortunately, our PE co-ordinator had not realised that the event was actually for year 5 and 6s, so my little 3s and 4s were way outclassed .......... and as it was a competition, they didn't have a chance! But they had good fun (we talked about 'it's the taking part that counts) and enjoyed the picnic in the park.
lms - sorry you are getting such a raw deal at work at the moment - I think maybe you are right, time to look around for something with less hassle and stress. They should definitely cover any bank charges you incur, but I'm sure that wouldn't be easy to press for. Hope you are able to wind down and relax over the weekend x
Happy half term, everyone x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:52 am

Aww poor ickle things! At least they enjoyed themselves and the rain held off!

I am looking Gracie and now my new DBS has finally arrived I can move quickly!
Enjoy the half term folks I am with you there!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:28 pm

what a load of rubbish for you Cindy. Are we still meeting Monday? Although by the sounds it could be any day next week!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 am

Oh Helen I was going to text you today, can we give it a miss please and hopefully make it later in the week?

It isn't good at all and I am beginning to feel the stress of it all, woke up this morning with a banging headache again and tooth ache where I have been grinding them in my sleep Sad I am really fed up of it all. I like working their and love my learners and would be very sad to go.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 am

PS: No need to alter your clocks in your profiles folks it has set itself Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:05 pm

no probs at all Cindy. You need to get yourself sorted. Hope you are feeling better soon
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:34 am

Hope everyone is OK in the storm. It's pretty windy here, but not as bad as they said it might be. Looking out of the window, there are leaves everywhere and a few small branches, but nothing too major. Take care and keep safe everyone x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:25 am

Me too Helen, what a mess. Not slept again properly and woke early doors again with a headache. I have sent my CV off again to several jobs and hope that something comes back. I have also emailed the agency again to say I am available for work now my DBS has cleared.

The weather has been pretty uneventful here so far and not really that windy. Very wet but nothing like I have been expecting. We have an old CB aerial and normally that 'sings' when it is windy but nothing. Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:58 am

lol what does it sing anything good? Again I have been vindicated by not listening to the weather men! My o/h was stressing last night about the wind to come. I have enough to think about without worrying about what might be lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Just the same song over and over again, pretty badly as well Helen lol.
Mmmn I was wondering when the winds would hit and nothing quite pleasantly surprised but better be warned than not at all Very Happy

We have Ella over to stay tonight and really looking forward to it, she is like a ray of sunshine.
Oh I have started a facebook group as well for studies and we can add documents etc. Come along and join
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can tell I have too much time on my hands lol x

Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:24 am

had a lovely day yesterday my sister and b.i.l. came over for the day went christmas shopping in Leeds and then for a meal on the evening. Back to the studying today. Have had a streaming cold and sore throat last couple of days but am feeling better now. The week has again gone far too quickly ah well inset day tomorrow so at least dont have the kids in and can have another day to recover. lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:03 am

Sounds like a good day out Helen Very Happy Try and get some rest today and I hope the studying goes well and there is no drilling x

I have been very crafty this weekend and have been making dolls clothes and I am just finishing a boys cot quilt today Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 pm

well the assignment went last night. After working late monday and tuesday I finally got something which seemed halfway decent. I will be opening my feedback with trepidation will be interesting to see what she says
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:32 am

I know it will be good Helen and a pass is a pass Very Happy

Lots of dolls clothes, dolls carrycots, quilts and know Christmas Stockings being made. Though I am beginning to run out of fabric and this not working malarky is getting old!

I am hoping to have secured a temp job at Wakefield College for four days a week starting as soon as the risk assessments have been completed, so that is good and will take me to Christmas, with a hope that they will keep me on if they like what I do.

Still not been paid and hopefully will do so this week (14th). My bank I have to say have been fab Very Happy

I have had two driving lessons and instructor says to put in for my test, so good news there. But I am waiting until I pass my theory first before I progress further.

Stay wrapped up warm folks, blooming cold and damp for playground duties hugs you all x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Caffeine - good luck with the assignment; if hard work could guarantee a pass, you deserve an A*! LMS - hope you are having some luck on the job front.
Had a brilliant day today; we are reading The London Eye Mystery with our Year 6 (it's a fab book) and we took them on the Eye today. They loved it - must admit I'm not quite so keen, it is SO high - I'm OK going up, but not so happy coming down! It was such a clear, cloudless day, they could see all over London. We went into town on the riverboat, which is great, you see so much of the city on the way. A lovely day!
Hope everyone has a good weekend - I am off to a Christmas Craft Fair with my daughter (hoping to do a bit of shopping, it will be here before we know it). x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:02 am

Oh Gracie what a lovely view you must have had! I know what you mean about the height though ~~

Job front is looking happier and I have two interviews lined up, plus an agency prospect in the working. So we will see, not building my hopes up.
I finally got paid! Can't believe it! Seriously thought it wasn't going to happen and I am seeing her first thing Monday morning. I want to go back because of my learners but I cannot deal with the pressure when it comes to pay day Sad Very confused at the moment arrgghhh

Blooming cold here, hope you are all keeping warm. The weather man mentioned the 'S' word the other day. Let's hope not.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:53 pm

still no assignment back yet. been over a week now I have a cyst on my knee. very cross and was sure it was nothing so when the ultrasound woman told me I did have one was ready to argue lol. I am going to have a steroid injection to see if that will remove the fluid from the cyst doctor said about an operation but am going this route first. Cant seem to get into my next batch of studying but will have to start soon
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum