HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 7 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 am

Busy few weeks then Linda Very Happy So glad Ellen is enjoying the job and having a good experience at last.

Today I am making a fimo bear to top Sophias' birthday cake, she turns 6 a week on Tuesday! She loves 'me to you' stuff so I aim to make a bear like it to go on her cake that hubby is making Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 am

Dentist again yesterday and more xrays! They have found a bit of tooth still embedded in my top gum and needs to be removed (cutting open the gum etc etc What a Face )and another tooth at the bottom is damaged due to the accident also and has to be removed as well. So not a happy visit and now have to wait for the appointment to come through.
Visit to the docs later today Sad Not sleeping and very weepy still. Thought I was doing really well but it appears not.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:30 am

lms - you really are going through it, I have so much sympathy .......... hope you don't have to wait too long for the appointment. lots of love x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:00 pm

oh cindy you poor love would a lunchtime meet do you any good?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Would love to meet up at sometime Helen for coffee and a chat, not sure about going out on my own at the minute, getting to work last week made me feel sick. Going to work again tomorrow and hopefully it will be better.

Doctor was really good again and very sympathetic. Going to be another 6-8 weeks before my ankle and swelling/bruising goes. The dizzy spells are a result of concussion and they will also take a long time to go, same with the swelling in my nose. He gave me some sleeping tablets as I haven't been able to sleep at all well and will be trying them at the weekend as I want to be fully alert for work tomorrow. I like to think of myself as being a strong person but it all is really starting to hit home now and how lucky I was. The news last night saw another person being knocked down and killed, the day after mine a young lad from Bradford was killed again by a stupid driver. I am very jumpy when we go out and I say we, as my hubby goes everywhere with me bless him (apart from all the way to work of course). The mental scars are going to take a long time, doesn't help when I am very hormonal as well though lols x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 pm

I would pick you up of course silly! I cant do Friday as I have no car and you are at work tomorrow. are you at work Thursday? take care I feel useless here so would like to help
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:32 am

I am in a union meeting Thursday promoting the Learning Centre and then physio so sadly this week is out and then you are back at work. We will have to do a Saturday hun though this weekend I have family from Liverpool coming over. As usual busy busy busy Sad Thanks for the offer of a lift Very Happy Big hugs x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 am

never mind was only hoping I could do something for you take care
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 pm

You are a true friend Helen, big hugs xx we will meet for coffee before chrimbo xx

Lovely day at work today, learners were fab and all really missed me Very Happy I also had a huge bouquet of flowers delivered to work, from work as a welcome back surprise Very Happy Really tired now though and will be having an early night
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:56 am

look after yourself cindy ask if i can help with anything
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 am

Hugs Helen and I will. We need to meet anyway I have tons of RE stuff that are gathering dust that you can make use of hun x

Well managed to go out by myself today (hubby walked me to the bus stop) and then I went to the GMB meeting. Very shaky and a little dizzy but I suppose that is to be expected. I know it will take a while but hate feeling like it. Physio this afternoon but taking hubby with me. One step at a time I suppose Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm

yeap one more step along the road you go!!!
take care and expect that shaky feeling to come and go.

Sarah has been to her doctors who has referred her to a neurosurgeon. Poor girl said she was really worried so I've said I'll go to the neurosurgeon with her when she gets an appointment. I'm sure work will give me the day!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 pm

well half term is nearly over Shocked and it's flown by again, didnt get everything done I wanted to but lots more than I thought.
By Wednesday I won't even remember I've had a half term.

It will be christmas before we know it santa
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:17 pm

caffeine needed wrote:yeap one more step along the road you go!!!
take care and expect that shaky feeling to come and go.

Sarah has been to her doctors who has referred her to a neurosurgeon. Poor girl said she was really worried so I've said I'll go to the neurosurgeon with her when she gets an appointment. I'm sure work will give me the day!

Aww bless her at least something is being done about it.

I got another appointment for dentist this morning for end of Nov, when they will cut my top gum to get the tooth fragment out. Thankfully hubby is coming with me, bless him, I have dragged him here there and everywhere these past few weeks.

Had a try with the sleeping tablets the doc prescribed me, went to sleep half an hour after taking them. Leave a horrible taste in the mouth though and I woke up this morning feeling a bit dozy (nowt new there then my hubby informed me) and head feels stuffy. Not sure if its the tablets of just me pmsl x

This weekend I am going to get my observed lesson together and sort out uni stuff for Wed evening. Have a good weekend folks before the Christmas stuff begins!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 am

How is everybody coping first week back? Bet you all feel like you haven't had a break at all!
How many weeks till Christmas break?
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:38 pm

32 days left and I am not counting oh no I'm not
today I have been 3 different people in the space of two hours!!!!!!!!
then a fourth this afternoon
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:27 am

Aww nope you are not Helen lols.
So did you do different voices as well ha ha ha

I had a fab day at work yesterday, learners really good and my uni observation went really well! Today will be a different matter though, the learners from hell on Thursdays What a Face Despite it taking two hours to get there, quicker to go to London me thinks, blooming buses Sad
We have two new tutors at work who are going to be delivering ESOL and functional skills, so some pressure taken off me there, though I have a feeling that I may be asked to take lead. Mmmnn will see Very Happy

Stay wrapped up today, blooming cold and wet brrr
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:03 am

Have a good and safe day Cindy !

Helen I hope you arent counting down to christmas already ???? I cant even begin to think of christmas yet as i have 2 more assignment due before then !!
1st day of school placement for my Teaching and Professionalism module today and Im looking forward to it but really nervous at the same time (hope thats a good mix) Im just hoping people dont ignore me (hate being Billy no mates ) I only live 5 mins away so could go home for lunch but will stay in the hopes of getting to know people .
I weighed in at SW last night and was sooo pleased as after my blowout weekend I stayed the same Very Happy so back on track now as I only have 8lb to lose for my target weight !!!!
Have a good day and I will report back after school x
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:17 pm

odd day today, it was the funeral of one of our teachers, she retired last christmas aged 56 and developed cancer and died during the holidays. We have all been very sad, I didnt go to the funeral as many staff had known her for longer and we needed as much cover as possible. It was extremely hard teaching especially as numeracy was time so kept looking at the clock and thinking yeap they'll be there now, oh the service is starting etc.
this afternoon was lovely year 2 and Daniel and the lions den. I played you raise me up by westlife as a hook and the kids were singing away so I vidoed them.. only trouble was most of them only knew You Raise Me Up mumble mumble mumble YOU RAISE ME UP mumble mumble mumble. I played it to staff after school and we were rolling in the aisles cheered us up no end and Diane would have loved it. Hey ho one day to go
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I had a fab day after feeling so nervous this morning as today was the first of my school placement days.I live only 5 mins away from this school and yet had never been inside .
I arrived there at 8.30am and signed in the teacher came and met me and she was lovely -very welcoming,then the staff started to arrive and it was a steady stream of people saying " hello Linda !!" I knew nealy all the support staff as id been on courses with them 6 yrs ago .Then at playtime I met anoth TA and knew straight away that we`d been in the same class at senior school !!!
They were all so relaxed and welcoming - and the best bit was when the teacher said to me on the quiet," dont do any TA work - you need to be with me as a teacher !!!!! -Bloody hell!!!! I was soooooo chuffed cos the module tutor said we were going into the schools as TAs Very Happy
Ive already started to learn the christmas songs !

Fancy me thinking my school was so good -what a numpty i am !! these people were so lovely,i also met up with a pgce student from my uni who has given me her email address to contact her for anything !
Cant wait for next week !!!
Oh forgot to say the head teacher came out to the playground just so he could meet me -how nice was that ?!!

Last edited by mrsp on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Hey linda! See! Told you, you had no reason to be nervous!

Work is really bad at the moment. I've a lot going on which doesn't help but i've basically been told i'm an easy target for people who want to give me grief! Not really very happy and yes i've had moments where it's horrible but overall i love what i do.... however the last 2 maybe 3 days i've thought i really don't want to be here. I got to stick it out for a bit longer till something permanent comes up with better money though. I really need to train myself to ignore everyone who speaks to me who isn't saying anything nice....

Talking of money and this will pee off the people who are wanting to give me grief...... I got the extra hours co-ordinating the library. She said she gave it to me because everyone else that came in couldn't do the amount of time that she thought it needed to be sorted out! Thinking about it now if she thinks 8 hours... then it's probably a job that needs double that! So Helen, if you can give me an email with all the hints and tips for organising it that would be fab! I was quite chuffed to get it seeing as i felt incredibly guilty over the fact that i brought an ipad mini! It was a mad and impulsive purchase but i absolutely love it!

Roll on fri i can get out the door at 3.30 and bog off and forget about it all.

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Brilliant news Peridot ! i bet you will be very organised !!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:34 am

Wow, sounds like everyone has had a hectic few days! So glad you have found a nice placement and like you I thought working at my school was wonderful and then I moved and now I know it wasn't really. Attitudes and people are so different.
Big hugs Helen xx
Well done Tracey! Ignore them they aren't worth your time or effort. x

I had a FANTASTIC Thursday with my teens. As you remember Thursday groups were always the ones I dreaded due to attitudes and behaviour. But yesterday they were wonderful! They were pleased to see me, got lots of hugs and are you alright, we have missed you, glad you are back, we didn't like having someone else Very Happy I was so surprised and overwhelmed Very Happy

It's Friday folks and time to let your hair down! Well at half three for you and five for me Very Happy I am going away for the weekend tomorrow to the GMB annual branches do at Cedar Court in Wakefield. So a stay in a hotel, meal and disco/karaoke in the evening and then back home Sunday afternoon, with lots of meetings in between. I am looking forward to seeing my 'extended' family and saying thank you for all their support and best wishes etc.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:07 am

Sounds like a great weekend ahead for you cindy !! enjoy and tell us all about it xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks Linda and I will xx Have a good weekend peeps, stay warm and relax Very Happy

Good news from work, I am now four full days and Head of the Functional Skills department! (don't want to do Mondays or I would be five) So I will be overseeing three members of staff, monitoring paperwork etc etc Not bad to say in March I was just delivering the CYPW course and was only two days a week Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum