HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 18 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 18 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by caffeine needed Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:54 pm

worrying bout tomorrow now they are putting me in reception. I went in to find out what I would be doing. Thankfully not leading but have to take groups etc. they should've put other hlta in there as she is in there twice a week and knows all the kids but she is going on a walk with year 1 and they won't swap her with me. Just hope dont let reception folks down
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Really hoping today went ok Helen - cant believe how mean some people can be !! Im surprised they still went out on their walk ? we had to cancel a trip for Ofsted when i was in school !!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tweaking my dissertation now - still have to sort front cover etc which has to be in the correct Bath Spa format -hope to get it printed tomorrow !

Collected my new glasses today,varifocals = making me feel drunk at the moment but i am determind to get used to them !.
Oh well back to the writing I suppose Rolling Eyes
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Caffeine - hope today was OK. I can't think of much worse than being in Reception when Ofsted come! At least by Year 6 they kind of know who are important visitors and generally rise to the occasion .............. but tinies don't care if it's the prime minister or someone's granny! Are they observing tomorrow as well? Have you got a 'feel' for how it's going?
mrsp - I thought I would never get used to varifocals; I think it took me about 3 months. I'm still careful walking down stairs, sometimes the edge of a step is not quite where you thought it was - but I wouldn't be without them now. Good advice for me was don't try to wear them all the time straight away, go for a couple of hours a day at first and build it up gradually.
Academic review days this week, so was at school until nearly seven last night and will be same tomorrow. Roll on next Friday!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks folks, I certainly do have a 'feel' Neutral however my groups were lovely for me. Had a great time AND I've made a new friend a little boy who hardly speaks and tries to 'hide' when he has to go to a group. Well he 'hid' for my first group and I had to go and fetch him. Something I did took his fancy because this afternoon he couldn't stop talking to me! His teacher was so impressed she told his mum (who I met when she picked up) she was very pleased as he has said very little all year and to be honest so was I! I love littlies but only for a very short time lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Laughing So relieved !! have just printed off my dissertation 9010 words !! plus interview transcripts and observations .(42 pages )
Im going back to my old school tomorrow morning to print off 2 more copies
then into town to get them all bound (found a cheaper place than uni !)
Then i will have Thursday off !!!!!! and back to uni for submission and dyslexia on Friday .
Glad today was ok Helen
Gracie Im getting used to my specs already
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:06 pm

absolutely shattered they've gone thank the lord. but we've had parents evening and I've spent the last four hours finishing my assignment 'what is a child?' submitted and gone. so tired
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 am

Gosh Helen you must be so relieved Mr O has gone !!
Cant believe your school didnt cancel the parents evening considering !!

Bet you are glad to get rid of that assignment xx

I am getting my dissertation bound today after some minor editing by my lovely mum (she wrote her own book so is more than happy to edit for me ) my parents are chuffed to bits that ive finished and survived !!!
I lost 2lb at SW this week so am now back to 1lb away from my target,I love going to group as we have such a laugh and our SW lady is `human` unlike some ive met ! Im `pay lady ` which I love -means I get to chat to everyone and offer advice = right up my street !
Hope the predicted snow doesnt cause too much disruption for everyone -think us `south west folk` may just escape it xxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Well we have our pronouncement. We are not allowed to tell but we can say we have a positive result. We are all so shattered we are walking around like zombies and I have had a tendency to start weeping all day. Thankfully the kids have been fantastic just tomorrow to get through and then I've a tutorial Sat and mum's on Sunday
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Well done to the team Helen. I hope the weather isn't too bad tomorrow for your tutorial, coming down in buckets when I was over in Wakefield earlier.
Still coming down here now grrr.
Had a fab week at work and today I was the pre congress meeting today and have found myself moving one motion and seconding five! Very Happy Looking forward to my week at congress in Plymouth this year in June. I hope the sun shines then.
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Hope the snow isnt causing too many disruptions,we just have rain and loads of it !
I handed in my dissertation today,so glad its finished.The cut off time was 12noon but there were some young students still running into the binding shop at 11.30 !!

Cindy do you think we will be able to have a `meet` this year at all ?
Miss our get togethers xxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:15 pm

think turtorial will be ok as long as I can get out of village m/ways have been clear and leeds city centre should be
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:28 am

Woke up this morning to the white stuff turned into a sheet of ice on our street. Icicles hanging everywhere, blooming arctic out there! So glad I am not at work tomorrow but hoping that it will be better Tuesday.
I had a fab day with my youngest son shopping yesterday despite the snow and cold wind. Bought lots of new fabrics to make some more quilts and spent the afternoon designing animals to add to my quilts in appliqué Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 am

Cindy - im really glad we dont have the weather you are having !! we just have dull and cold .Go careful x

Its lovely spending time with your family isnt it ? I must admit I dont do it enough at the moment with all the uni deadlines,but Im doing a full roast today and I know its a favourite so we will all be eating together at the table for a catch up .
I dont have much time to relax after handing in my 10,000 words on Friday,I have 3 weeks off uni but the monday I return I have to submitt a maths essay (2000) and the friday of that week I have to submitt a dyslexia portfolio (3000) so no hols for me !! oh and the first Monday back I have another part of my Gcse english assessment to sit in the evening !
May will be an awful month - should be my 50th but I have no time to celebrate as I have something to submit each week !!
Never mind getting a job straight after I finish,think I will need a holiday !!!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:58 pm

I think you will too Linnda take care and go careful
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 am

Oh Linda that is a lot to do but I am sure you will do well. Make yourself a list and do one thing at a time, prioritise them from high to low.
Another cold day out there brrrr, the snow we thought was coming did not last night which is good Very Happy Our street is still ice thankfully hubby cleared our path right down to the road so when I go to work tomorrow at least that bit will be fine.
Wrap up warm folks and take care out there x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

what a brilliant day we had a giant inflatable goal in school, the children get three kicks each and their kick speed is recorded. how they loved it we had a wonderful time raised loads of money for the school!
2 weeks holidays not much to do just a couple of essays and a couple of books to read for above I mean to relax!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:55 am

Sounds such a good idea Helen !

I love the way you tackle your essay writing -`just a couple of essays` I wish I could think like that !!!
I have 2 as well (both due in the Monday I return to uni )
1. 2000 words analysing 1 aspect of the teaching & learning of maths in this country and one other (Im thinking of comparing our use of text books to Japan schools ) or how we race through each topic regardless of understanding whereas in japan they spend a lot longer on each area to ensure a deeper understanding .
2. 3000 words for dyslexia on an area of interest - I have big issues with short term memory so think I will go with that -how it affects class work etc
Also have to plan my English assessment piece - 2000 words creative writing about my mum ! im rubbish at creative writing so have decided on an open letter format ?
Think my easter will be spent sat at the table writing (just for a change ! Rolling Eyes )
Have alovely easter everyone !!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

what are your essays on ?
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:51 am

Ohh I did a creative writing training session and Ian Clayton(author) was teaching us. He asked us to think of a place that we can remember from our childhood. Then what what this place be if it was a type of weather, texture, colour, precious thing, tool, clothing, footwear, something to eat, part of the body, expression on a face, breed of dog, song, method of transport, smell, temperature, sport, landscape, noise/sound, animal, bird, jewellery.
Then we had to think about our senses and take a 'snapshot' of the place and what could we see, hear etc.
From these bullet pints we then had to expand on each one of all the above and give more description. That was the planning stage.
Using the above we then started our writing using our planning. I ended up with two A4 both sides written in fifteen mins! For me it was really easy despite the fact I don't do real life stories pmsl, more of a magic and dragons writer. I hope this helps you x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:08 am

ooh thanks Cindy this will be really helpful xxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:24 pm

only two essays was tongue in cheek Linda!!! I am determined to take a few days off but have started one of the essays. T'other has alot of reading to go with it but I'm more relaxed cos we have 2 weeks and I've got nearly all planning done so tis just reading and writing lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:55 am

Happy Easter folks albino
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:03 am

Happy Easter to all - hope everyone is managing some 'time out' today to spend with family or whatever makes you smile. xx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:45 am

Happy Easter !
Anyone doing something special today ? if you are then have a lovely time x
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 am

Morning folks! The sun is shining despite the cold and bitter wind. Planning for me today as I no longer get Easter holiday break Sad
Glad it will help Linda:D
Happy Easter to you all x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 am

Cindy - if its any consolation my husband works on the railway and they dont recognise bank holidays at all,he has to work them as a normal day with no extra perks (double time etc as in some jobs)
This also includes Christmas day and Boxing day which he has to book as annual holiday and comes out of his holiday allowance .

I have worked bank hols in the past (shop work ) mind you that was back in the days when Sundays were not considered a shopping day!
I will be working today as I have to get cracking with my 2 essays xxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum