HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 23 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by caffeine needed Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:23 pm

do you mean you don't have to faff oh Cindy how do you cope lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:30 am

I know! lol Very Happy mind you I don't seem to have time to blow my nose lately let alone faff with the forum Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Whoop whoop ! chuffed with my 2.2 result today !

Cant believe ive actually done it - thankyou to everyone for your support xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Congratulations ! Linda Lou ! cheers you are a star xxxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Well done again Linda! So pleased for you. All that hard work and determination got you there. Fingers crossed something comes from your interviews xx
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:41 pm

wow well done Linda
not been around lately had a stinker of an assigment. This one didnt go well
Have a cold and voice is going. Usual thing.
How is everybody?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 am

Oooh Helen you take care! I always seem to lose my voice when I get a cold as well .
Yesterday (Friday) I went into town with my slimming world consultant, who has become a very good friend, as a result of her inspiration I now have no clothes left to wear so she wanted to `Gok` me Very Happy We hit the charity shops and it was hilarious.Ive always been a good size 16 although I do go up and down like a yo yo so I headed for the 14s while she headed for the 12s -the conversation went a bit like this
Helen - try this on
Linda- I cant wear that,i don't have legs
Helen put it on !!!
Ok but it will be awful
stop moaning and get it on
Linda - ooh its too big !!
Helen -well what a surprise mrs -what have been telling you for weeks ?
Linda -blimey Im never a 10 !!
Helen this dress is lovely try it on
Linda - oooh nice bet it will be too small
Helen just get it on woman !! (by now we were in fits of laughter)
Linda - oh wow it fits -I love it !!!

SO im now officially a size 10 (never been seen in my wardrobe before ) and I have lots of skirts ("don't do skirts") lol and it feels really good
Ive embraced the SW lifestyle as my own and don't even think about it now
and have been at target for 5 weeks so its good .
I hope to have a job soon as well as Ive been for lots of interviews for agencies who are really good - keep you posted !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 pm

well done Linda a size 10 I can only dream lol
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 am

Hi everyone. Caffeine, hope your cold is getting better. And mrsp - size 10!!!!! Fantastic, you should feel SO good about yourself, I bet you look amazing.
Haven't been on here much lately as recovering from a silly accident. On my way to a course a couple of weeks ago, I tripped over an uneven paving slab ............. who would believe you could do so much damage  ........ I was walking pretty fast (pushed for time as usual) and carrying bags in both hands, so I fell really hard. My face was covered in cuts and grazes; I basically took the skin completely off one side of my face. I also broke my nose and injured my knee. I was very close to a secondary school, so there were lots of kids about - and (as we know) school staff are always helpful and organised ambulance, etc. Spent the day in A&E having grit and rubbish picked out and being patched up. So I've been feeling very sorry for myself. My skin luckily heals very well; although I haven't tried yet (still too painful), I know I could cover most of it with heavy duty concealer now. My nose is still seriously painful, but I think that may take quite a while. Have to wait a few months for all swelling to subside before I consider whether I need anything cosmetic done to it - hopefully will be OK.
I am not usually a 'nervous' person at all, but this has really shaken me and I have hardly been out, except for medical appointments. Have talked to my doctor and HT and I plan to go back to work this week, for half days - a phased return. Part of me wants to put it off for longer, but I am slightly worried that if I don't make myself do it, this could become a real issue. So I'm psyching myself up today and planning to go for a walk in the park this afternoon ............ wish me luck xx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 am

Oh Gracie, how horrible! And I know too well how you can be shaken up. Get back out there hun, once you get to work you will feel better trust me big hugs xx

Wow Linda a 10! As Helen says we can only dream Very Happy
Helen get some vitamins down ya girl xx get well soon, holidays soon so a rest will do you good.

I have had a busy few weeks (as usual) and we had the external verifier (EV) in for the CYPW course that I run. I have only been delivering it for just over a year and prior to that the centre did not deliver it.

I am VERY pleased to say that we had a fantastic verification process, she was very pleased with the portfolios of the learners and the unit booklets I had developed to aid them. Well to cut a long story short we now have DIRECT CLAIM STATUS! This means we don't have to wait for the EV to come out again I can claim them as passed!! Woop! Woop! I am so pleased, a major thing to have as it has been only a year!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Oh gosh Gracie, poor you !!! as Cindy suggested its best to get back out there asap and Im sure it will be far less of an ordeal than you imagine xxx
Wow Cindy that's brilliant- the job was made for you and now they are reaping their rewards for having you!!
The size 10 thing was not meant as a brag -more of an OMG moment that I wanted to share as I have always had issues with body image so the moment of actual realization that I am smaller than I thought was part of the image therapy from my SW consultant. Hope everyone is ok with the heat -It was boiling here yesterday however there are a few clouds here today so that has cooled it down a bit.
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:46 pm

No you brag!!!!! You have worked hard to get there!!

Really hot here too and my poor dogs are hating having to come inside as we don't let them stay in it too long. Even I am doing half an hour with them and then in for a while.

There are mothers letting there toddlers play out in this with no capped t-shirts or sun hats, so I am guessing no sun cream either! Grrr
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks for your good wishes, folks. Worked half a day today - OK, everyone very helpful and sympathetic (sometimes that makes it worse, although I know they mean well - you just want to get on with it!) but I did feel very shaky. Will be better when the pain is less, but just have to wait for that ............... back to docs later in the week.
Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine - make the most of it! xxx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Gracie you poor lady - however no more kindness you go girl we are all behind you and the kids will love to have you back

Linda of course you weren't bragging.

Sarah's graduation on Friday
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:12 pm

OOh Helen - I bet sarahs excited !! please give her my best wishes. mine is 20th Very Happy x
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Oooh that has gone fast Helen! Dont forget to show us some pics xx Have a fab day x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks, caffeine. Enjoy Sarah's graduation - the sun is going to shine and it will be such a proud day for you. Take lots of pics! x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Just had to let you know I've got myself a job !! its via the agency I had my interview with in Bristol last week .They had been super efficient and initially found me a TA post from Sep covering 5 lunchtimes and 1 full day. Then I was asked at the start of this week for my availability now, then yesterday morning I received a phone call asking if I could cover the day as TA so off I went .It was brilliant which is odd as ive always thought I was main stream TA not sen.
Anyway at the end of the day I signed out and was walking passed the ht when he stopped me and asked if I would be able to work until the end of term as they were short staffed .
So of course I said yes !
I had an email from my contact at the agency who told me that the post starting in sep was a full time TA post and mine if I wanted it !!
So yes I did and I will be able to take my maths gcse in the eve and my science !!
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:08 pm

That is fantastic Linda!!! Go you, really pleased for you x

Bring on the weekend, a full week of functional skills tests and I am shattered never mind the students!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 pm

oh gosh Cindy poor you - try and relax at the weekend then ??? x
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 pm

mrsp - fantastic! Well done - jobs are not easy to come by these days. Enjoy the last few weeks of term .... and maths and science gcse should be a breeze next year after all the studying you've done this year!!!! Good news x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you Gracie - the school is a brilliant special school that caters for pupils from reception to 18 and the class I'm working in at the moment has 8 pupils per day with needs such as autism and behaviour issues. The pupils arrive at 9 am and go into the hall to have breakfast then at 9.30 they go into their own classes. The 2 days so far have been very interesting and all the pupils know my name already (all support staff are known by their 1st names ) teachers are Miss or Sir.I help at lunch time as well and they have 2 sittings older and younger .
The days are very happy and I spent a lot of time laughing and singing with loads of smiling (not forced at all) The pupils are taught essential life skills such as answering the phone in the classroom and yesterday one pupil wanted to find out an answer to a question that the teacher didn't know the answer to so she asked him to ring the I.T man on the classroom phone -I loved this !
Anyway so far its great !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:53 pm

really great news Linda bet you are great with the kids
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:12 pm

ok here goes trying to attach some photos of Sarah at her graduation. They are just the snaps I took so not that great!
We had a lovely day at the spa Scarborough with the ceremony in the morning , a super lunch and finishing with strawberries and champagne at four o'clock
Attachments
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 Attachment
DSCN0563.JPG Sarah by the sea wallYou don't have permission to download attachments.(702 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
What sort of day have you had - Page 23 Attachment
DSCN0594.JPG Sarah with all her close friends she shared a house withYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.8 Mb) Downloaded 4 times
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 pm

She looks stunning! So grown up! Seems so different from the young girl I met in Sheffield xxx congratulations Sarah !
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum