HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
What sort of day have you had - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

What sort of day have you had

+7
Daniel
Peridot
Gracie
Daisycat
mrsp
Lil Miss Sunshine
caffeine needed
11 posters

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

What sort of day have you had - Page 12 Empty Re: What sort of day have you had

Post by Hufflepup Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Oh Lindy ..sending big hugs .. But agree with others ..don't go to mums ... Better to be there .....it is hard ..but not your fault ..and you need to, eventually ! Talk this through ..
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:44 am

Well Im sorry but I did go to my mums -I sent my oh a text,just explaining that I needed a breather and i would be back on Sun morning.My daughter stayed over her b/f house so I hoped my oh and son would talk BUT i got back this morning to see the note from my son saying he was staying over his friends !!
So Im back home now -no oh but I know where he is so Im going to buy some cakes and take them over to the workshop to be with him.
My parents are as expected -totally supportive of Jack,but also understand what my oh is going through too.My dad is very understanding and this surprised me as he has always had strong opinions of everything !
We will take each day as it comes and see what happens - what else can we do really ? xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:40 pm

maybe a night alone may have helped like the idea of cakes and workshop visit keep your chin up! We feel for you
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:03 pm

I bought donuts, sandwiches and went over to the workshop.
We made tea and sat and talked - he is still very much in shock and doesnt know how to feel right now. He admitted that he is sure this will affect how he feels about Jack.He also said he would have found it easier to understand if it had been drugs etc
He hasnt spoken to Jack yet and is not sure what he will say,when i suggested having a meeting with someone else as mediator he refused as he doesnt want everyone knowing `our business` Im doing a roast tonight but not sure it will be a `family ` meal if Mark wont sit at the same table as Jack.
He did question if jack was seeing one bloke or just liked the idea.
So still very confused ! oh and he has cancelled our new years eve party booking ! Shocked
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:07 pm

linda i'm in chat
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 pm

sorry tohear he's cancelled new year can you get it back? at least you have talked that is a start hugs
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:15 am

Oh Lindy ! At least he has talked to you ..that is a beginning...it's a big shock for everyone , when this happens , but honestly I feel sure things will work out . Fingers crossed , sending extra specially big hugs to you all xx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks Liz, Im guessing your journey was long ? looking at the time of your post !

Hope everyone is ok ?
Happy New Year to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 pm

mrsp - thinking about you today and hoping that the new year will be a turning point and bring some light. You are doing all the right things, it's important to keep talking. Stay strong xxx

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Oh Linda big hugs and so glad that he is starting to talk to you about how he feels. Shame he has cancelled new years do Sad

I hope he sat with you all for your meal and that it went as good as can be expected. Wish I was near to give you a hug.

Glad you got there safely Liz I was worried especially as the weather was horrible for your journey up there.

The hubster and I are watching Skyfall, having popcorn and a glass of cava to celebrate the new year tonight. Not sure if we will stay up till midnight though Laughing

Happy new year folks, all the best for 2013
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Well we didn't watch skyfall or have the cava lols, I fell asleep by ten!
Pork roast cooking nicely today and the film we will probs watch later Very Happy
Sadly I am back at work tomorrow, Maths planning done and very interactive as they are doing scale drawings and becoming interior designers Very Happy I just hope it goes well, wont find out until Thursday afternoon as I have English tomorrow and Thursday morning and CYPW in the afternoon wednesday.

Next week it is probability in Maths, any good interactive ideas that I can adapt for my teens? I did think about betting but not a good example really lols x

All the best for this year folks and hope to see some of you at some point.

Helen, Saturday for coffee with Ella and me and I will bring you the RE resources as well. I can take Ella to Mac D's for lunch lols Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 pm

We had planned an evening out last night at a lovely local pub but my oh decided to cancel due to events.I have to admit I was not happy as we never go out so was resigned to an evening infront of the TV watching Love Actually and crying over Emma Thompsons bit !
But the phone rang at 7.30pmly ,it was my oh best mate from the airfield,asking if we were going out,my oh said no so that was that!
I was getting annoyed but didnt say anything -then my oh said " do you want to go out ?" I said yes so we got ready (i put my party dress on ) and we went .Im so glad we did as his best mate who had been told our news was so lovely,we had a lovely evening I drove as i believed my oh needed to let off steam .He did that alright lol and he said this morning " I really hope jack comes back today " so i believe there is hope as you lovely people told me and although it may take time I think we will get there yet xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Peridot Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Happy new year to all you ladies (and gents!). Hope 2013 is a great year for us all! X x

Peridot

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Cindy I cant make saturday - I have to go to Hull - sorry
Linda so pleased you got out and o/h had a drink or two!!!
sounds as if you can be quietly happy about his comment
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 pm

Update -Jack came home from 2 days away at his friends and his dad was first at the door to give him a big hug !!! Im so relieved I can tell you Very Happy
We all sat together and chatted for an hour and its going to be fine .
Im so pleased that my oh is actually making an effort to understand how Jack is feeling .
Bless him,jack looked so relieved .
Now I know that our family will stick together x
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:11 am

Fantastic news Lindy Lou xxxxx so pleased to hear that things have eased and oh has come around a bit xx still rocky path , but olive branch has been offered ..and you will survivexxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 am

Hufflepup wrote:Fantastic news Lindy Lou xxxxx so pleased to hear that things have eased and oh has come around a bit xx still rocky path , but olive branch has been offered ..and you will survivexxx
Thankyou Liz and thanks ladies for being so understanding through all of my moaning etc -as I said on facebook yesterday
" I have some great friends (you know who you are ) "

Im not looking forward to this afternoon at all - dentist for a tooth out !! its a real confidence knocker as its a bottom front one so dont think i will be smiling much till its sorted !
But, on wards and upwards as they say, Im off to Wales on Friday to see my friend,she used to work with me in the school but left her husband and moved to wales with another woman 6 yrs ago .We stay in contact and she has been extreamly supportive with advice etc during the last few days .As usual I will be going by train and providing I get a seat will give me at least 3 hrs of peace lol
Im procrastinating Big time as I have loads to do for uni, have managed to sort my english presentation on `The power of advertising` so am looking forward to doing that next Monday .
Have finished an 800 word piece on What makes a professional.
But still have to tackle a `reframing` piece -this is me looking at something to do with teaching in a different way -no idea what to do for that but im sure I can find something -oh and Ive sent off a 200 word analysis for maths .

Hope you all have a good day -me and my gap will speak later Embarassed
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:50 pm

brilliant news Linda (I've just realised I've sent you a number of texts to you old phone - silly me)
your o/h did just need time to come to terms.
Well done for getting through the hardest part
hope your tooth doesnt put up much of a fight. You are beautiful no matter how many teeth you have out
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:07 pm

mrsp - so glad things look a lot brighter, hopefully 2013 will be a good year for you all. Hope the dentist wasn't too bad and you are feeling OK.
I've had a lovely day - treated myself to a facial to start the new year. Absolute bliss. but not sure if I look any different! Wish the family would hurry up and eat all the chocs, peanuts, etc; now that I am back on the healthy eating straight and narrow, I don't want anything like that around to tempt me!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks ladies ! well the tooth is out so im now sporting a very becoming gap !!! and have developed a new lisp Embarassed
Of to slimming world to find out the christmas damage !! I was only 3lb away from my target before christmas lol more like 7 now !!!
Hope work was ok Cindy ?
Lucky you gracie I love facials but they are now an unecessary luxury -(shame) never mind cos as soon as I start earning again I will be living down there lol
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 pm

and I find the effects of one lasts for months
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Join the club Linda! Toothless smiles are my speciality lol so glad hubby has come round and the atmosphere must be so much easier Very Happy

I hope everyone is ready for work Monday and counting down the days till your next break ha ha!

I have had a fab few days at work this week, learners ready and raring to go, well most of them are, some still suffering from the festivities

I have three observations over the next two months, english, maths and cypw, looking forward to it as well Very Happy

Have a great relaxing day tomorrow folks and Helen we will meet soon x
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm

It's almost that time again!
Daniel
Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Yes Cindy we will. It is six weeks till the next holidays!!!
Sarah has had her appointment for her MRI scans it is on the 26th which means I wont need to book a day of work she is have brain, spine, thorax and cervix scans! Now I know all will be clear but it sounds alot.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:51 am

Back to the grind for most of you tomorrow and I bet come half past three you will all be thinking if you actually had a holiday!

I hope all her scans go well Helen, it does sound a lot but I am sure it will be a good result. Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum